carp lakes?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: carp lakes?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Williamstown, NJ
    Posts
    51

    Default carp lakes?

    Im a pretty dedicated bass fisherman. All this talk on this forum about the carp bite recently is getting me antsy about them...So my question to you all is where are good carp lakes around williamstown?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vineland, NJ
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    There in just about in every body of water. Menantico Ponds in Millville really has some monsters.
    Last edited by Fish Devil; 06-03-2009 at 07:35 PM.

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    woodstown
    Posts
    1,058

    Default

    cooper river in the cherry hill area have some huge carp also

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Turnersville, NJ
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Blackwood Lake has some biggies, esp. up in the shallows. Last year one swam right into the side of my kayak.
    I wish I had more time wil be on my headstone

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pennsgrove,NJ
    Posts
    48

    Question

    Anyone know of any productive carp waters around the salem county area?

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    woodbury, nj
    Posts
    810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HookSetter View Post
    Anyone know of any productive carp waters around the salem county area?
    never tried carp fishing there, but camp crockett has a lot of carp and the whole lake is about 2ft deep.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pennsgrove,NJ
    Posts
    48

    Default

    I never tried fishing there before, i guess i will have to give it a try. Thank You

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sicklerville,NJ
    Posts
    456

    Default

    kirkwood lake in lindenwald and clementon lake both have nice carp.
    18' Welcraft CC
    2010 90 hp e-tec

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    monroeville
    Posts
    587

    Default

    Anyone know of any productive carp waters around the salem county area?
    are you kidding me? your right there. any water around you has them. the ditches, the river.
    i bow fish down by you. amazing amount of carp down there.

    there are carp in every lake around.
    united bowhunters nj
    nj fur harvesters

  11. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    9

    Default hmm,

    Quote Originally Posted by bparks35 View Post
    kirkwood lake in lindenwald and clementon lake both have nice carp.

    Well, but there is no access where to fish from. (only one spot on the corner where is about 2ft of water).

    Did anybody caught carp at Clementon lake ??

  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    420

    Default Carp Places

    Quote Originally Posted by HookSetter View Post
    Anyone know of any productive carp waters around the salem county area?
    We've caught monsters on the Salem River in Elsinboro, near the mouth where it enters the Deleware. We were fishing for perch, spot, and channel cats at those times (great fishing there) so we caught them on night crawlers and red wigglers mostly. I imagine if you used a bait associated more with carp you'd do even better. There's a lot of current there so find a little cove or whirlpool and you should do great.

    Rat Man

  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    420

    Default Carp

    Quote Originally Posted by justin12 View Post
    Im a pretty dedicated bass fisherman. All this talk on this forum about the carp bite recently is getting me antsy about them...So my question to you all is where are good carp lakes around williamstown?
    First, I'll second Mucksavage's suggestion about Blackwood Lake. It's very highly rated as a carp lake. The best one I've found is Clementon Lake.. the same one the park is on. There are MONSTERS there. Corn seems to be the bait most of the locals like. They're used to a lot of hot dogs, rolls, pretzels, etc.. that kids throw in while waiting for the showboat. There are no tresspassing signs but I've fished there for fifty years and was never bothered while fishing from East Atlantic Ave.
    I've seen herds of the biggest carp I've ever seen in Menantico, but we never could get them to hit. My buddy said they're grass carp and you have to snag them.
    Also, what FD said. Carp are everywhere.

  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    ROXBOROUGH, PHILADELPHIA
    Posts
    513

    Thumbs up Carp answer!

    Salem River is good, Wissahickon Creek is good, Manayunk Canal is great, but Rays town Lake in Huntington is the best with the biggest I've ever seen.

  15. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Man View Post
    First, I'll second Mucksavage's suggestion about Blackwood Lake. It's very highly rated as a carp lake. The best one I've found is Clementon Lake.. the same one the park is on. There are MONSTERS there. Corn seems to be the bait most of the locals like. They're used to a lot of hot dogs, rolls, pretzels, etc.. that kids throw in while waiting for the showboat. There are no tresspassing signs but I've fished there for fifty years and was never bothered while fishing from East Atlantic Ave.
    I've seen herds of the biggest carp I've ever seen in Menantico, but we never could get them to hit. My buddy said they're grass carp and you have to snag them.
    Also, what FD said. Carp are everywhere.
    how u can say "MONSTER" and never caught one ? LOL



    Question is, how big is a "MONSTER". I seen a lot of carps but never seen monster

    If that's gras carp, then best bait gonna be corn.
    About Clementon, only place to fish from is parking at Mill dam rd.

    http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&so...06866&t=h&z=18

    is there any other spot i ddn't know about??

  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Westfield, NJ
    Posts
    162

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by HookSetter View Post
    I never tried fishing there before, i guess i will have to give it a try. Thank You
    Just keep that drag on your reel LOOOOSE, otherwise you'll be short one rod & reel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •