Lake Galena - Peace Valley Park

Thread: Lake Galena - Peace Valley Park

Default Lake Galena - Peace Valley Park

Hey Guys,

The wife just got me a canoe for Christmas. I live in Souderton and plan on fishing Lake Galena once the water warms up.

Anybody have any info on the lake? How deep is it? Where are the best spots? I plan on just drifting the bottom with big shiners, crayfish and nightcrawlers, I will probably head out to the middle of the lake and start there. Any suggestions?

I know there are a lot of species (walleye, bass, catfish, muskie, stripers) and I'd like to catch them all. It's a huge chunk of water so any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Hey BigBass, welcome!!

You can often find a good amount of info by searching for specific terms.

Here's a few to get the ball rolling...

lake galena

Nockamixon or Galena?

Tried some new plastics last evening

Our neighbor has a canoe, and we were going to borrow it to float around the Lake.....He said something like you might need to get a launch permit from the nature center?

I would actually do the opposite and start with the edges. Genereally if you don't have a fishfinder or don't know the lake well it is best to start with shore line structure or points. That's a big lake and the middle is probably barren in some spots. I would start with structure you know will hold fish look for any wood, weeds, grass, boulders and in flowing streams and creeks.

I agree that you should probably start nearer to shore, focusing on cover and dropoffs. I have floated the center of that lake before and caught a bunch of white perch. Might try it again this year. Good luck!

Don't fish on the reserve like I did...(Didn't see the signs my bad). Its a shame though that back area has some nice cover. Never had any luck there at other spots. Hopefully you do well best of luck!
    "It was this big l-------------l i swear!"

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan View Post
    Our neighbor has a canoe, and we were going to borrow it to float around the Lake.....He said something like you might need to get a launch permit from the nature center?

You need a Bucks County Boat Permit - from the Ranger Station other end of the lake
    Dogfish - the other white meat