Lake Galena - Peace Valley Park
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lake Galena - Peace Valley Park

Default Lake Galena - Peace Valley Park

Hey Guys,

The wife just got me a canoe for Christmas. I live in Souderton and plan on fishing Lake Galena once the water warms up.

Anybody have any info on the lake? How deep is it? Where are the best spots? I plan on just drifting the bottom with big shiners, crayfish and nightcrawlers, I will probably head out to the middle of the lake and start there. Any suggestions?

I know there are a lot of species (walleye, bass, catfish, muskie, stripers) and I'd like to catch them all. It's a huge chunk of water so any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Hey BigBass, welcome!!

You can often find a good amount of info by searching for specific terms.

Here's a few to get the ball rolling...

lake galena

Nockamixon or Galena?

Tried some new plastics last evening

Our neighbor has a canoe, and we were going to borrow it to float around the Lake.....He said something like you might need to get a launch permit from the nature center?

I would actually do the opposite and start with the edges. Genereally if you don't have a fishfinder or don't know the lake well it is best to start with shore line structure or points. That's a big lake and the middle is probably barren in some spots. I would start with structure you know will hold fish look for any wood, weeds, grass, boulders and in flowing streams and creeks.

I agree that you should probably start nearer to shore, focusing on cover and dropoffs. I have floated the center of that lake before and caught a bunch of white perch. Might try it again this year. Good luck!

Don't fish on the reserve like I did...(Didn't see the signs my bad). Its a shame though that back area has some nice cover. Never had any luck there at other spots. Hopefully you do well best of luck!
    "It was this big l-------------l i swear!"

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan View Post
    Our neighbor has a canoe, and we were going to borrow it to float around the Lake.....He said something like you might need to get a launch permit from the nature center?

You need a Bucks County Boat Permit - from the Ranger Station other end of the lake
    Dogfish - the other white meat

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.