Opinions on Starweld boats

Thread: Opinions on Starweld boats

Default Opinions on Starweld boats

I was wondering if anybody owns or knows anything about Starweld boats. I am looking at the Starweld 1800 DC with an Evenrude E-tec 115 mostly to use on the Finger Lakes. I know that they are a relatively new line for Starcraft and I can't find a lot of good or bad things about this line. I mistakenly bought a new open bow boat two years ago because I got a great deal on it. I have had to make a lot of temporary mods just to be able to jig for lakers out of this boat and because the way the transom is shaped there is no way to add a kicker for trolling.

I need to move on this soon before the "boss" changes her mind

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

I don't know much about starweld, or boats for that matter. So I will ask in a question why not get a tracker V boat? What little googling I did they seem cheaper and look a lot alike. The targa V 18 with a 115 is 25k. The boat you were looking at looks like its over 28k.

Cnewcomb4, not ruling the Targa out, just that my closest Bass Pro to me is a long drive if I need service and they don't want to really take my current boat in on a trade. When I compared features, the Starweld is more comfortable if I just want to take the family out to tube or spend a day n the lake.