Opinions on Starweld boats
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Opinions on Starweld boats

Default Opinions on Starweld boats

I was wondering if anybody owns or knows anything about Starweld boats. I am looking at the Starweld 1800 DC with an Evenrude E-tec 115 mostly to use on the Finger Lakes. I know that they are a relatively new line for Starcraft and I can't find a lot of good or bad things about this line. I mistakenly bought a new open bow boat two years ago because I got a great deal on it. I have had to make a lot of temporary mods just to be able to jig for lakers out of this boat and because the way the transom is shaped there is no way to add a kicker for trolling.

I need to move on this soon before the "boss" changes her mind

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

I don't know much about starweld, or boats for that matter. So I will ask in a question why not get a tracker V boat? What little googling I did they seem cheaper and look a lot alike. The targa V 18 with a 115 is 25k. The boat you were looking at looks like its over 28k.

Cnewcomb4, not ruling the Targa out, just that my closest Bass Pro to me is a long drive if I need service and they don't want to really take my current boat in on a trade. When I compared features, the Starweld is more comfortable if I just want to take the family out to tube or spend a day n the lake.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.