Aluminum boats

Thread: Aluminum boats

Default Aluminum boats

Looking to buy an aluminum fishing boat this spring. Used to have a Pro Team 165, was nice but seems to be many other better options out there now. Been looking at G3, Lowe and Ranger aluminum(might be too expensive though). Want to keep it around $15K, mod V. Wider the better(two small boys). Anyone have experience with these manufacturers? A quick search here showed some info but might be dated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Crestliner makes a nice set up as well. At that price your going to have a lower hp motor, which will kill your resale some day.
    Don't rule out used, for your price you can probably get a really nice slightly used set up.
    i have not been out on any of those models yet, but I think all will be at the Philly boat show in March. Might be a good time to check them all out in person.

Check out Lowes Stinger

Thanks guys. Lowes Stinger was on my list. I'll also check out some info on Crestliner.

Stinger is one of the widest aluminum boats out there but the max HP rating is low for the size class. G3 and Xpress make the nicest aluminum boats and they retain their resale a little better than other brands. A used Xpress will still go for about 8-9K where a Tracker from the same year may go for $4-5K. Food for thought.
    Tilt ya head. Soooo siggy!

Thanks Fishdog, honestly not all that familiar with Xpress so I'll have to check them out as I don't know anything about them

After checking boats out all week and figuring most of my fishing around here at Penn Warner and the DE, thinking a Deep V would be nice with two little guys. I've only fished out of mod- V's. Anyone have experience with deep V's? Is draft an issue? G3, Lowe and Lund all look decent and each has their pos's and neg's.

Check out the Lund Fury. 73" beam on the 16' and very light.