200 HP Yamaha for sale (counter rotating pair)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 200 HP Yamaha for sale (counter rotating pair)

Default 200 HP Yamaha for sale (counter rotating pair)

Selling 1990 200 HP Yamaha outboards. This is a counter rotating pair. I am willing to sell individually or as a pair.
    Both had new power heads replaced in 2004 ( have reciepts) and have less then 300 hrs since re-power.
    Last June both engines had new thermostats, lower units removed, water pumps replaced and all lower seals replaced by the dealer.

Both ran flawless moving a 4900 lb+ boat, 202 gal of fuel and 4 fisherman at 48 MPH at 5300 RPM.

The standard rotating engine is good, problem with the counter rotating motor is it spun the splines on the drive shaft, and possibly the splines in the crank. As soon as the engine revved up it was shut down and never over heated..
    Lower unit was removed by the Yamaha dealer and is still seperated from the top. The splines on the shaft look worn, but no visable sing of metal shavings. Could be as simple as replacing with a used lower unit.
    Hooked up a hose to the water pick-up tube and engine runs fine. All cylinders in both engines have 115/120 compression.

I am re-powering with new 4 stokes and engines could also include the gauges and wiring harnesses.
    Offers are welcome, to get more information call 215-416-9666

Pictures, serial numbers available upon request.
    Motors are in Cape May county.

Thanks for looking
    Last edited by Birch812; 03-11-2011 at 09:31 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

I got your voice-mail but you didn't leave a number.
    I would definitely sell the engines separately but not interested in stripping the engine down to sell off parts.
    For what I would let the counter rotating engine go for you could have the whole engine to use what you need and could have other spare parts or sell to others.

Both engines ran perfect and until I made a great deal at the boat show on re-powering with 4 strokes I fully intended to have the crank replaced and putting another lower unit on the motor and being back in the water in time for spring striper's

Thanks for calling, if you're still interested call and leave a number and I will return your call.

Both engines are still available and it looks like I will be separating the pair because of the increased interest in the counter engine. Several want it and will be sold on first come basis.

The standard engine is in bolt on and go condition. This engine will be off the boat by the end of the month, unless it sells sooner. Counter engine is already removed and ready for a new owner.
    Engines also come with SS prop.

I am not interested in trading the motor for fishing equipment or removing parts from the motor to sell. They both will be sold as complete units.

Thanks for the interest.

Default And then there was one.......

The counter rotating engine has been sold but the running, standard rotation engine is still available.
    Anyone interested in more information or making an offer
    call 215-416-9666

Thanks for the interest in this engine, I can get back to you sooner by leaving a number when you call.

I would also include the prop, wire harness and remote oil tank. This engine is still on the boat outside of Ocean City.
    Let me know if your still interested and we can set a time to pick it up.

Engine is still available, make offer on a good running engine.

215-416-9666

Don't let this one slip away just because there is snow in the forecast.

Ttt.................................

The standard engine was sold this morning, both were purchased by people reading this ad on the barn.
    Thanks to all those that were interested and good luck this coming season.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.