new stimulus check
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new stimulus check

Default new stimulus check

does anyone have any info on the rumored new stim check that bush and obama are working on...i read somewhere that nancy pelozzi was quoted as saying it would be much larger than the last package and would include more aide to business.....anyone

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

I'm just curious as to how much you have to make to be disqualified.

My gut says its going to be one big wellfare payment.

Quote Originally Posted by makorider View Post

Just like the last one... I made too much money and got the screws....

It's supposed to be double what the last one was. Sadly it will only devalue the dollar even more and the risk of hyperinflation becomes even greater.
    “Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.”

30 billion for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Bob ECT View Post
    30 billion for everyone
    And the price of gas will be 10,000 a gallon.

Quote Originally Posted by aj bruno View Post
    Just like the last one... I made too much money and got the screws....
    I thought that darn near everyone that filed taxes got a check. The only variable being single or married with those earning very high incomes not qualifying. Anyway I do know that they mailed stimulus checks totaling 41 billion dollars.

From IRS: You're eligible if you have a valid Social Security Number (SSN) and show qualifying income of at least $3,000 on your federal tax return. Both people listed on a "married filing jointly" return must have valid SSNs to qualify for the payment- if only one has a valid SSN, neither can receive the payment.
    Can you use an ITIN instead of an SSN? Taxpayers with an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) instead of an SSN are not eligible to receive a stimulus payment. Both people listed on a "married filing jointly" return must have valid SSNs to qualify for the payment — if only one has a valid SSN, neither can receive the payment.

Some higher-income taxpayers will not receive a stimulus payment or will receive a reduced payment.

Maybe you used a ITIN instead of an SSN or perhaps you did in fact make too much money to qualify. I made just shy of 6 figures and received one so you must have done pretty good.

To stimulate the economy they need to issue those kinds of monies to people who will spend it.
    Bass Seeker
    Nov 4, 2008.....the date that voters finally came to their senses.
    Jan 20, 2009....the date we're finally rid of the worst president in United States history
    Last edited by Bass Seeker; 11-25-2008 at 05:21 PM.

I'll get stimulated if he sends me a check !
    Bennett Greene

Gimme gimme gimme!!!!!!!

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins

"Good thing for them you are here as the voice of reason." - Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by makorider View Post

You are right on the money there, WELFARE not stimulus by any means.

Why is it these AHOLES continue to think that when they put perfume on a pig it in the end is still a PIG????

I say they should give it to those who have good credit and a low debt/Income ratio

Then the money will be spent as discretionary and not go to bills. Never happen, political suicide cause all the poor crying bleeding hearts out there will be offended, I voted for you now where my freebie???
    IGNORANCE IS CORRECTABLE..............STUPIDITY IS FOREVER........JUST TALK TO A LIBERAL!

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Seeker View Post
    I thought that darn near everyone that filed taxes got a check. The only variable being single or married with those earning very high incomes not qualifying. Anyway I do know that they mailed stimulus checks totaling 41 billion dollars.

From IRS: You're eligible if you have a valid Social Security Number (SSN) and show qualifying income of at least $3,000 on your federal tax return. Both people listed on a "married filing jointly" return must have valid SSNs to qualify for the payment- if only one has a valid SSN, neither can receive the payment.
    Can you use an ITIN instead of an SSN? Taxpayers with an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) instead of an SSN are not eligible to receive a stimulus payment. Both people listed on a "married filing jointly" return must have valid SSNs to qualify for the payment — if only one has a valid SSN, neither can receive the payment.

Some higher-income taxpayers will not receive a stimulus payment or will receive a reduced payment.

Maybe you used a ITIN instead of an SSN or perhaps you did in fact make too much money to qualify. I made just shy of 6 figures and received one so you must have done pretty good.

To stimulate the economy they need to issue those kinds of monies to people who will spend it.
    Bass Seeker
    Nov 4, 2008.....the date that voters finally came to their senses.
    Jan 20, 2009....the date we're finally rid of the worst president in United States history

I know many who did not get the check they got the shaft and paid for it at the same time.

So if you made over $3K you were eligible even if you made less then $40,350 you paid no tax anyway, Welfare right there.
    IGNORANCE IS CORRECTABLE..............STUPIDITY IS FOREVER........JUST TALK TO A LIBERAL!

Quote Originally Posted by tight lipped View Post
    Then the money will be spent as discretionary and not go to bills.
    Mine went to paying my taxes so I'd have money to spend elsewhere...
    "We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins

"Good thing for them you are here as the voice of reason." - Hardtop

i just yesterday recieved in the mail a letter from irs stating that i will be recieving a portion of the 2007 stimulus check...even though i did not qualify based on the guidlines for making too much...cant figure this one out???

Quote Originally Posted by tight lipped View Post
    Never happen, political suicide cause all the poor crying bleeding hearts out there will be offended, I voted for you now where my freebie???
    They're just following the GW tradition

Quote Originally Posted by phishbone View Post
    i just yesterday recieved in the mail a letter from irs stating that i will be recieving a portion of the 2007 stimulus check...even though i did not qualify based on the guidlines for making too much...cant figure this one out???
    The stimulus stated it was for those who qualified in 2007 or 2008. Many who did not qualify in 2007 but did for 2008 will get them this year. They did that for people who may have lost their jobs in 2008 or seen their income go down

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast