Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth

Thread: Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth

Default Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth

Well my dog has Fleas, does anyone know of a store close to Phila. that sells "Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth". My plan is to treat my yard, I vacuum twice a day and use a flea comb on the dog who is also treated with Frontline. He seems to be picking up the fleas in the yard. I have a 2yr old son and a pregnant wife so I can't use chemicals it has to be natural.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

I don't know about food-grade, but swimming pool stores sell it.

TEAM FINS & GRINS WILL WIN 2011 DUKE OF FLUKE

I have lived in Jacksonville, FL since 1981

Default You can also...

...lime the yard with a broadcast spreader, starting by spreading the lime next to the house and then walking around it in circles so as to work your way out from the house to the edge of your yard.

Most Lowe's or Home Depot stores sell the Diatomaceous earth in their garden departments. If you pujrchase the diatomaceous earth, I'd suggest spreading it in the same pattern and manner.

Mike

PS: An effective way to deal with fleas in your home is to place a small cake pan under a night light in a room that has fleas. Then fill the pan with about an inch of water, next squirt some dish soap into the water. It doesn't take much soap, just a few drops, so that a film forms on top of the water. At night the night light will draw fleas toward the bowl or pan beneath it, and as they jump in the pan, the soap film traps and drowns them.

Quote Originally Posted by pmike View Post
    ...lime the yard with a broadcast spreader, starting by spreading the lime next to the house and then walking around it in circles so as to work your way out from the house to the edge of your yard.

Most Lowe's or Home Depot stores sell the Diatomaceous earth in their garden departments. If you pujrchase the diatomaceous earth, I'd suggest spreading it in the same pattern and manner.

Mike

PS: An effective way to deal with fleas in your home is to place a small cake pan under a night light in a room that has fleas. Then fill the pan with about an inch of water, next squirt some dish soap into the water. It doesn't take much soap, just a few drops, so that a film forms on top of the water. At night the night light will draw fleas toward the bowl or pan beneath it, and as they jump in the pan, the soap film traps and drowns them.
    Thanks for the pattern idea Mike, I didnt think of that.