Failure to Inspect Ticket
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Failure to Inspect Ticket

Default Failure to Inspect Ticket

I got a failure to inspect ticket this past weekend, I got my truck inspected today but wanted to know if I show proof and not have to pay the ticket? I did call the PD and could not get a solid answer after talking to several people at the PD.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

all you can do is try. you know the response will be,why wasnt it done on time? unless you have a legit reason most likely you will pay the fine. no points though as its a non moving violation.

Mark,

I think the fine for failure to inspect is $150 or more. If you go to court talk to the Prosecutor, they may be able to downgrade the charge to a lesser offense. Good luck......

This Addiction Knows No Color Boundries
    Team Twokidsandadad

you can plead it down, then pay court costs and the $250 nj surcharge (i think thats what it is). just mail in the money and forget it ever happened

27 blackfin "TINA MARIE"
    250 OX66'S

Quote Originally Posted by take one View Post
    you can plead it down, then pay court costs and the $250 nj surcharge (i think thats what it is). just mail in the money and forget it ever happened
    Thanks guys, check is made out and ready for the mail, just wanted to see before I just fork over $130.00. Itís my fault, we had our 3 child in Sept and believe me my inspection is/was the furthest thing from my mind. It is what it is.

Pretty hefty fine. Sucks. Here in MD we only have to get em inspected when we buy em. Just the one time...no yearly thing

Quote Originally Posted by fishhard View Post
    Thanks guys, check is made out and ready for the mail, just wanted to see before I just fork over $130.00. Itís my fault, we had our 3 child in Sept and believe me my inspection is/was the furthest thing from my mind. It is what it is.
    i would go to court and tell the judge you had your 3rd child in September and you completely forgot about getting the inspection done. You have nothing to lose and if the officer that wrote the ticket doesn't show up it gets tossed. it's been my experience that just showing up for court a lot of times the judge will reduce the fine. i've been to traffic court on several occasions were the fine was reduced just because i showed up and asked for lienecy<sp?

Wellcraft,
    Thatís a good point. I don't think the officer would show up for it, but even if he does its still up to the judge. I have to see if I can work it into my schedule.

Wellcraft,
    That’s a good point. I don't think the officer would show up for it, but even if he does its still up to the judge. I have to see if I can work it into my schedule.
    doesnt the officer write the date of all his tickets for a certain date so he does show up that day?
    remember there will be a court cost fee also if you appear and plead not guilty
    Last edited by phish4fun; 11-30-2010 at 12:27 PM.

So what happened to all the talk about NJ doing away with inspections?

trd

Quote Originally Posted by mudcat View Post
    So what happened to all the talk about NJ doing away with inspections?
    They check paperwork,emissions and gas cap.Takes about 10 min.

Quote Originally Posted by phish4fun View Post
    doesnt the officer write the date of all his tickets for a certain date so he does show up that day?
    remember there will be a court cost fee also if you appear and plead not guilty
    it depends on the officer....most of the time they do but not all the time..depends on the ticket.

in PA, at least the courts i've been too, you don't pay anything extra to challenge a ticket in court.

Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
    You have nothing to lose and if the officer that wrote the ticket doesn't show up it gets tossed.
    Not necessarily true.

One, you might show up and still have the same fine plus court costs. Two, the cop doesn't need to be there most times. Especially for a failure to inspect. The fact that he wrote the ticket is evidence enough that they won't need his testimony. It's not like there's any real questions for him to answer.
    cj

Now that's an honest answer.

I respect that.
    ďThe world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anythingĒ-AE

The check is in the mail. Lesson learned the hard way....

Only advice I can give is don't wait to go on the last or 2nd to last day of the month, if you do make sure you pack a lunch, you will not be the only one with the same ideaÖ.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast