Best Sam's Club Burgers?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Sam's Club Burgers?

Default Best Sam's Club Burgers?

We are having a surprise 60th birthday party for my mom and will be making burgers, hot dogs and hot sausages. I was just wondering if anyone purchases burgers from Sam's Club? Which brand taste good and dont set the grill on fire.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

SAMs has burgers in a sleeve. They are sirloin, 1/3 lb and 18 in package. I believe they are also $18 a package.

Not a heavy fat content, so they don't shrink like crazy and no big grill flare ups. They do get nice grill marks to them. You cook them from frozen, don't thaw them first.

I wait a little while cooking and before you turn that I put salt and pepper on them.

The other good burger is a bubba burger in grocery store but these are more expensive. You get 6 burgers for $10.
    You can observe a lot by just watching.
    - Yogi Berra

We used to buy bulk pack from sam's I think Topps but a special kind i forget...Now, she buys them from Baglianis in hammonton they are super hugh and taste GREAT. After 1 I'm done very full n happy
    16' Lowe Sea Nymph Bass Boat
    GO PHILLIES

its not the burger....its the roll............
    dont use the crappy hamburger rolls.............use martin potato rolls

Thanks. I usually get burgers from our local butcher Trim Rite on Rt 47 but they would cost an arm and a leg for 50 people.

Quote Originally Posted by phish4fun View Post
    its not the burger....its the roll............
    dont use the crappy hamburger rolls.............use martin potato rolls
    Oh Yea goes without saying Martins Potato Roll,Hamburger n Hot Dog
    GO PHILLIES

also get some mccormick steak seasoning to top them off, but rub them with a little olive oil first.
    Last edited by phish4fun; 06-21-2012 at 04:11 PM.

I use them for parties...not bad...Potato roll for sure...

If you are in North Wildwood you could try Westside Meats behind Wal-Mart in Rio Grande. The sell to a lot of the restaurants but also sell to the public. The are open to noon on Saturday and closed Sunday. I always go there for cookouts and everyone has been happy with their products. I think 10 pounds of hamburgers were $40.00.

I like the sams sirloin better then the angus. They cost the same. A buttered/grilled hardroll makes a regular burger superb.Use fresh spinach instead of lettuce and grilled onions instead of raw.

Barrell Surf & Kayak
    Phone: (609) 513-1680

Proud Supporter Of The Bass Barn!

Quote Originally Posted by barrell View Post
    I like the sams sirloin better then the angus. They cost the same. A buttered/grilled hardroll makes a regular burger superb.Use fresh spinach instead of lettuce and grilled onions instead of raw.
    The only bad about the hard roll is when you bite it-stuff squiets out the back and all over your Phillies Jersey just saying
    GO PHILLIES

Talking Whats the matter with you people

Gone are the days of a mans grill being his kingdom......no processed burger will ever touch my grill....and I grill alot, on average 3 times a week all year long. Just busting stones a little, I just cant aquire a taste for store bought burgers.....when you make them from scratch the seasonings are mixed through out the burger......if your gonna go premade you may as well go with the yellow cheese.....potatoe rolls.....what fresh kaisers from the bakery, sauteed onions, bacon.....hell I think I am going to grill some burgers tonight

Good luck with the party and congrats on your moms 60th.......truth is at functions like this, it does not really matter what you slap on a roll

Quote Originally Posted by bigfish4me View Post
    Gone are the days of a mans grill being his kingdom......no processed burger will ever touch my grill....and I grill alot, on average 3 times a week all year long. Just busting stones a little, I just cant aquire a taste for store bought burgers.....when you make them from scratch the seasonings are mixed through out the burger......if your gonna go premade you may as well go with the yellow cheese.....potatoe rolls.....what fresh kaisers from the bakery, sauteed onions, bacon.....hell I think I am going to grill some burgers tonight

Good luck with the party and congrats on your moms 60th.......truth is at functions like this, it does not really matter what you slap on a roll
    you forgot to add the fetta cheese in your burger

Quote Originally Posted by phish4fun View Post
    you forgot to add the fetta cheese in your burger

Feta......nah, pepper Jack

Quote Originally Posted by bigfish4me View Post

I agree 100%...Just bought 10# of ground, 75/25 just for burgers whenever...divide it up and freeze..I've gone to the Maiers Italian Keiser rolls for burgers and they seam a lot better than the little potato buns.We grill at least 3 times also, usually winter too, but mayne not 3 times/wk....Got some chicken thighs on now with some ABTs....Ummmmm
    "My children, you have come to me my people. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me, my people?"....Obama, Nov 7, 2012

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.