Just received official notice today from my flood insurance company that my claim was rejected. I only had about 4-5 inches of water but it took it's toll. Carpet, Luan subfloor, popped tile, damaged stall shower and 10 baseboard heaters. I have about 1000 squae foot. The insurance company estimate came in at $1,987.00 and my deductibe is $2,000.00. I had a quote from a contractor at $22k to replace what was damaged. I sent it to the adjuster as requested. During the process I did not receive one follow up call or a return call from the company or adjuster, simply that they were "processing" the claim. I am stunned at this and have already layed out $4,500.00 for materials for the work to be repaired. Open to all suggestions from barners on next steps and any recourse.