Italian Red Wine
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Italian Red Wine

Default Italian Red Wine

I like to have some red wine before dinner and lately have had a hankering for some homemade Italian Red. Does anyone know where I can buy some and the approximate cost. I'm in the Williamstown,N J area.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

richoj, I have a cellar full. E-mail me so we can talk.

yes try ginos in hammonton, not sure if he sells wine but check out there website. im sure he can point u to someone. also isnt there thomasellos on wht horse pike? also some of the liquor stores may even carry some. i have some but we used california grape last 2 yrs. heck if u drive to any farm in hammonton look for grape vines or ask a farmer theres tons over there.lol

Not homemade but for italian red I have a hard time beating the gallon jugs of carlo rossi paisano. Most of their wine is crap but the paisano is very good in my opinion for a cheap table wine.... I keep a carafe in the fridge of it and refill it after each meal...

Your Local Source for Offshore Tackle:
    Spreader Bars
    Trolling Lures
    Shark Rigs
    Ballyhoo Pin Rigs

Quote Originally Posted by richoj View Post
    I like to have some red wine before dinner and lately have had a hankering for some homemade Italian Red. Does anyone know where I can buy some and the approximate cost. I'm in the Williamstown,N J area.
    I wonder what would make red wine Italian if it was home made here in NJ??
    btw I love red wine!

Italian grapes, usually bought in the Ironbound Section of Newark in the fall.
    Lt. Willy

Now broadcasting from the new MOVE compound somewhere on Absecon Bay

Quote Originally Posted by Mako Man View Post
    Not homemade but for italian red I have a hard time beating the gallon jugs of carlo rossi paisano. Most of their wine is crap but the paisano is very good in my opinion for a cheap table wine.... I keep a carafe in the fridge of it and refill it after each meal...
    I second this. Used to get Angelo's of Ac fame but they stopped making their own some years back. I believe they sub it out now to one of the local winerys. A friend who grew up on wine with dinner put me on to the Paisano. Great table wine.

Quote Originally Posted by richoj View Post
    i have some, you can have 2 bottles. merlot and pinot 609 923 0435 rob

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Romano View Post
    richoj, I have a cellar full. E-mail me so we can talk.
    You Do ????
    Fran
    A proud member of Ancient Mariners
    Character is higher then Intellect
    The decisions we make dictate the lives we lead

CT Buoy 2014

Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    You Do ????
    I do indeed my friend. What is your choice 2011 or 2012? I have both years.

Quote Originally Posted by bald eagel View Post
    i have some, you can have 2 bottles. merlot and pinot 609 923 0435 rob
    Bald Eagle makes some great wine!

Quote Originally Posted by grtwhthunter/fisherman View Post
    yes try ginos in hammonton, not sure if he sells wine but check out there website. im sure he can point u to someone. also isnt there thomasellos on wht horse pike? also some of the liquor stores may even carry some. i have some but we used california grape last 2 yrs. heck if u drive to any farm in hammonton look for grape vines or ask a farmer theres tons over there.lol
    They don't sell wine but you can buy everything you need to make your own wine.Making wine from grapes can be a little difficult ,but you can buy the juice also from Gino Pintos .It's a lot easier and you don't need all the equipment .The South American grapes and juice should be available in April or May,and then the California grapes will be available in the fall (Sept.)

Practice catch and release

Support the Billfish Foundation
    Former member JumpingJoe

ok italian wine from around here (hammonton area) is made from local grown grapes by mainly italian guys hence the name diego red. we make in early fall soon as grapes are ready.. you have to add sugar to the local grapes because of tartness. usualy we open them on thanx giving and all the locals compare whos is best.lol. the wine has to b finished by warm spring or will go bad . i dont make anymore but buddies do. i use juice now of california grape and is alot easyer.lol. there is winery rite in hammonton on whp that sells it .

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.