While you conservatives worry about welfare moms...
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: While you conservatives worry about welfare moms...

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    339

    Default While you conservatives worry about welfare moms...

    ...this is happening.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/05/bu...rutiny.html?hp


    Get your priorities straight. As deplorable as the (less-common-than-you-think) welfare queens and "lazy liberals" are, this is doing far more damage in lost tax revenue. I'm all for tax free bonds to build public infrastructure ie. roads, bridges, airports etc. but Goldman Sachs and Bank of America's HQ? F**k that!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Blue Bell, PA
    Posts
    14,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Fishbag View Post
    ...this is happening.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/05/bu...rutiny.html?hp


    Get your priorities straight. As deplorable as the (less-common-than-you-think) welfare queens and "lazy liberals" are, this is doing far more damage in lost tax revenue. I'm all for tax free bonds to build public infrastructure ie. roads, bridges, airports etc. but Goldman Sachs and Bank of America's HQ? F**k that!
    If the bonds pay 4%, you are looking at $910 million in taxes per year at a 35% tax rate. Our federal government is spending $10 billion dollars per day. If the interest on those bonds were taxed at 35%, they would pay for about 2.4 hours of government spending. Meaningless.

    I do agree that they should be taxed just like every other corporate bond.
    That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,930

    Default

    Nickels and dimes. Liberals who claim to be concerned about tax breaks should be concerned about the $500+ billion in tax breaks directed to the middle class. Make employer paid health insurance taxable and get rid of the mortgage interest deduction. Those two giveaways alone are worth $300 billion. The next 7-8 largest giveaways amount to another $200+ billion. Be honest about who gets the lions share of the giveaways.

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Blue Bell, PA
    Posts
    14,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GetReel View Post
    Nickels and dimes. Liberals who claim to be concerned about tax breaks should be concerned about the $500+ billion in tax breaks directed to the middle class. Make employer paid health insurance taxable and get rid of the mortgage interest deduction. Those two giveaways alone are worth $300 billion. The next 7-8 largest giveaways amount to another $200+ billion. Be honest about who gets the lions share of the giveaways.
    Don't forget about all of the tax 'credits' that get you a refund even if you paid no federal income tax.
    That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,138

    Default

    Sumpin's wrong wid my computter--it ain't showing much lately about conservatives here worrying about welfare moms.....although they should...sumpin very wrong wid a gubmint that says "We will feed, clothe, house, educate, (and give a cell phone to,) every little bastard the citizenry, (and non-citizenry,) can crank out."
    OUTCAST

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Voorhees NJ
    Posts
    4,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Fishbag View Post
    ...this is happening.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/05/bu...rutiny.html?hp


    Get your priorities straight. As deplorable as the (less-common-than-you-think) welfare queens and "lazy liberals" are, this is doing far more damage in lost tax revenue. I'm all for tax free bonds to build public infrastructure ie. roads, bridges, airports etc. but Goldman Sachs and Bank of America's HQ? F**k that!
    OK. $7B a year in bonds over the last 10 years. Talk about noise! Do you really think the tax revenues associated with this will have any meaningful impact on the debt/deficit when we're spending $4T a year? The record high year was 2008. Who was in control of both houses of Congress then (and for years after)? One guess: (it starts with a "D").

    I am worried about $300B to $400B in interest payments that will grow to $850B in 10 years. That, I'm worried about.
    Last edited by Barnegat Light Mike; 03-04-2013 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Clarity
    Polly-Gram
    "The trouble with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money" Margaret Thatcher
    Facts are your friend. Don't fear them like some do!

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Quinton NJ
    Posts
    2,480

    Default

    I think no matter how you explain it to him he still won't get it.
    My bucket list is getting shorter and my ***edited** it list is getting longer.

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Blue Bell, PA
    Posts
    14,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barnegat Light Mike View Post
    I am worried about $300B to $400B in interest payments that will grow to $850B in 10 years. That, I'm worried about.
    Imagine the debt service on 17 trillion if interest rates go higher.
    That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    MARYLAND CECIL COUNTY
    Posts
    6,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Younger View Post
    Imagine the debt service on 17 trillion if interest rates go higher.
    thats going to be big since we only pay the interest. we never pay down the debt. Imagine having a credit card with ten grand owed. you make interest payments only and it NEVER ever goes away.

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Springfield Delco
    Posts
    43,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OUTCAST2 View Post
    Sumpin's wrong wid my computter--it ain't showing much lately about conservatives here worrying about welfare moms.....although they should...sumpin very wrong wid a gubmint that says "We will feed, clothe, house, educate, (and give a cell phone to,) every little bastard the citizenry, (and non-citizenry,) can crank out."
    It's in his play book. He can't help it.
    Legal Reform
    Reduce the numbers of Lawyers in Public Office

    "The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." - Tacitus


  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Blue Bell, PA
    Posts
    14,842

    Default

    What happened to Dr. Fishbag? He was confronted with FACTS and falls silent?? LOL
    That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    15,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Younger View Post
    What happened to Dr. Fishbag? He was confronted with FACTS and falls silent?? LOL
    When he was Iggs he responded later at night.
    "Liberals claim to want to give hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •