lightning rod installers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: lightning rod installers

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    pa.
    Posts
    5,781

    Default lightning rod installers

    any of you guys know of any installers in the area ?
    need to haven the barn done
    thanks
    54 years is a long time ..........just sayin'

  2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Cape May Court House NJ
    Posts
    10,288

    Default

    Sent you an email-buddy of mine does this all over NJ and pa

    Didnt post name number not sure if allowed to post a business of a nonadvertiser
    I Fish Therefore I Am!

    Ancient Mariner since 7/11/10

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Quinton NJ
    Posts
    2,368

    Default

    I would investigate it a little before I spent the money.Do they do anything or just make you feel safer?Might be a little old tech.,not all its cracked up to be.My Pops got them,I don't.Insurance company does not ask if you have them.
    My bucket list is getting shorter and my ***edited** it list is getting longer.

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    pa.
    Posts
    5,781

    Default

    thanks spooled
    54 years is a long time ..........just sayin'

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    pa.
    Posts
    5,781

    Default

    this is the barn in question and yes they will make me feel safer dont want to lose it to a fire if it were to get hit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sept rainbow 010.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	75107  
    54 years is a long time ..........just sayin'

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Fantasy Island, NJ
    Posts
    3,362

    Default

    the irish travelers are good at lightning rods. have them take a look at your roof while theyre up there. ask if theyre selling any tools or fancy colognes and perfumes too

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Bear, DE
    Posts
    9,672

    Default

    Warren Lightning Rod in Collingswood

    2006 Seaswirl Striper 2101WA
    Cedar Creek Marina
    PHILLIES, EAGLES, FLYERS

  9. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    The Shore
    Posts
    7,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NEED2FISH View Post
    I would investigate it a little before I spent the money.Do they do anything or just make you feel safer?Might be a little old tech.,not all its cracked up to be.My Pops got them,I don't.Insurance company does not ask if you have them.
    Yup they work and been around for YEARS. Might be old tech but why re-invent the wheel when it works.

    Electricity wants a path to ground be it a simple circuit, hi-tech gadget or lightning. If it decides its going to strike your house and use that for the path you will have a fire or home destroyed. If you have a low resistence rod, conductor, and driven ground rods with scattered counter poise, it will in most cases follow that path to ground and not blow your house apart.

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Quinton NJ
    Posts
    2,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C-phase View Post
    Yup they work and been around for YEARS. Might be old tech but why re-invent the wheel when it works.

    Electricity wants a path to ground be it a simple circuit, hi-tech gadget or lightning. If it decides its going to strike your house and use that for the path you will have a fire or home destroyed. If you have a low resistence rod, conductor, and driven ground rods with scattered counter poise, it will in most cases follow that path to ground and not blow your house apart.
    Ok, thanks.
    My bucket list is getting shorter and my ***edited** it list is getting longer.

  11. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    The Shore
    Posts
    7,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NEED2FISH View Post
    Ok, thanks.
    come to the dark side Luke, I am your father.

  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Tabernacle / South Jersey
    Posts
    4,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Wdz View Post
    Warren Lightning Rod in Collingswood
    Worked with this company before great guys.Let the pros look at the layout of the barn sometimes if there are other structures in the area you don't need them but by the pic you put up looks like it couldn't hurt
    Handle every stressfulsituation like a dog.If you can't eat it or hump it.
    Piss on it and walk away.

  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    pa.
    Posts
    5,781

    Default

    had a guy come out and take a look and he suggested 5 tall rods all aluminum as well as aluminum wire to 3 ground points which will be copper grounding rods driven into ground,
    now the rods are very stylish with hand blown glass balls and the one on the end of barn seen from house will have a weather vane as well.
    waiting to hear what his estimate is. what do any of you think this might be $$$ money wise one of by buddies says over 5 grand ........i hope not
    54 years is a long time ..........just sayin'

  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Quinton NJ
    Posts
    2,368

    Default

    Study up on how predictable and and controlable lightning is.Warren Lighting did my Pops house and barn.They are a first class outfit ,but I'd rather have good insurance.I have a 184X70 metal building and I dont think it's that easy to control the lightning.My house has a metal roof and same deal,don't think you can make lighting hit where you want.Sure it hits the rod sometimes but you can't control all that well.If it was cheap but it ain't with a good company doing it and the price of copper.I guess if I was rolling in the doe maybe but I'll dump my money some where else.JMHO.
    My bucket list is getting shorter and my ***edited** it list is getting longer.

  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Quinton NJ
    Posts
    2,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C-phase View Post
    come to the dark side Luke, I am your father.
    Don't thin so since I'm older,could be yours though.
    My name Jim too,not Luke
    My bucket list is getting shorter and my ***edited** it list is getting longer.

  16. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    The Shore
    Posts
    7,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NEED2FISH View Post
    Study up on how predictable and and controlable lightning is.Warren Lighting did my Pops house and barn.They are a first class outfit ,but I'd rather have good insurance.I have a 184X70 metal building and I dont think it's that easy to control the lightning.My house has a metal roof and same deal,don't think you can make lighting hit where you want.Sure it hits the rod sometimes but you can't control all that well.If it was cheap but it ain't with a good company doing it and the price of copper.I guess if I was rolling in the doe maybe but I'll dump my money some where else.JMHO.
    OK, Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •