lightning rod installers
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lightning rod installers

Default lightning rod installers

any of you guys know of any installers in the area ?
    need to haven the barn done
    thanks
    54 years is a long time ..........just sayin'

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Sent you an email-buddy of mine does this all over NJ and pa

Didnt post name number not sure if allowed to post a business of a nonadvertiser
    I Fish Therefore I Am!

Ancient Mariner since 7/11/10

I would investigate it a little before I spent the money.Do they do anything or just make you feel safer?Might be a little old tech.,not all its cracked up to be.My Pops got them,I don't.Insurance company does not ask if you have them.
    My bucket list is getting shorter and my ***edited** it list is getting longer.

thanks spooled

this is the barn in question and yes they will make me feel safer dont want to lose it to a fire if it were to get hit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sept rainbow 010.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	75107  

the irish travelers are good at lightning rods. have them take a look at your roof while theyre up there. ask if theyre selling any tools or fancy colognes and perfumes too

Warren Lightning Rod in Collingswood

2006 Seaswirl Striper 2101WA
    Cedar Creek Marina
    PHILLIES, EAGLES, FLYERS

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NEED2FISH View Post
    I would investigate it a little before I spent the money.Do they do anything or just make you feel safer?Might be a little old tech.,not all its cracked up to be.My Pops got them,I don't.Insurance company does not ask if you have them.
    Yup they work and been around for YEARS. Might be old tech but why re-invent the wheel when it works.

Electricity wants a path to ground be it a simple circuit, hi-tech gadget or lightning. If it decides its going to strike your house and use that for the path you will have a fire or home destroyed. If you have a low resistence rod, conductor, and driven ground rods with scattered counter poise, it will in most cases follow that path to ground and not blow your house apart.

Quote Originally Posted by C-phase View Post
    Yup they work and been around for YEARS. Might be old tech but why re-invent the wheel when it works.

Electricity wants a path to ground be it a simple circuit, hi-tech gadget or lightning. If it decides its going to strike your house and use that for the path you will have a fire or home destroyed. If you have a low resistence rod, conductor, and driven ground rods with scattered counter poise, it will in most cases follow that path to ground and not blow your house apart.
    Ok, thanks.

Banned

Ok, thanks.
    come to the dark side Luke, I am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Wdz View Post
    Warren Lightning Rod in Collingswood
    Worked with this company before great guys.Let the pros look at the layout of the barn sometimes if there are other structures in the area you don't need them but by the pic you put up looks like it couldn't hurt
    Handle every stressfulsituation like a dog.If you can't eat it or hump it.
    Piss on it and walk away.

had a guy come out and take a look and he suggested 5 tall rods all aluminum as well as aluminum wire to 3 ground points which will be copper grounding rods driven into ground,
    now the rods are very stylish with hand blown glass balls and the one on the end of barn seen from house will have a weather vane as well.
    waiting to hear what his estimate is. what do any of you think this might be $$$ money wise one of by buddies says over 5 grand ........i hope not

Study up on how predictable and and controlable lightning is.Warren Lighting did my Pops house and barn.They are a first class outfit ,but I'd rather have good insurance.I have a 184X70 metal building and I dont think it's that easy to control the lightning.My house has a metal roof and same deal,don't think you can make lighting hit where you want.Sure it hits the rod sometimes but you can't control all that well.If it was cheap but it ain't with a good company doing it and the price of copper.I guess if I was rolling in the doe maybe but I'll dump my money some where else.JMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by C-phase View Post
    come to the dark side Luke, I am your father.
    Don't thin so since I'm older,could be yours though.
    My name Jim too,not Luke

Banned

Study up on how predictable and and controlable lightning is.Warren Lighting did my Pops house and barn.They are a first class outfit ,but I'd rather have good insurance.I have a 184X70 metal building and I dont think it's that easy to control the lightning.My house has a metal roof and same deal,don't think you can make lighting hit where you want.Sure it hits the rod sometimes but you can't control all that well.If it was cheap but it ain't with a good company doing it and the price of copper.I guess if I was rolling in the doe maybe but I'll dump my money some where else.JMHO.
    OK, Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.