No end to Hannity's RWNJ lies about Obamacare

Thread: No end to Hannity's RWNJ lies about Obamacare

Thumbs down No end to Hannity's RWNJ lies about Obamacare

Gotta love how the lies by RWNJ spinmasters get more and more desperate as time goes on.

I happened to turn on the Hannity show on Fox News last Friday evening. “Average Americans are feeling the pain of Obamacare and the healthcare overhaul train wreck,” Hannity announced, “and six of them are here tonight to tell us their stories.” Three married couples were neatly arranged in his studio, the wives seated and the men standing behind them, like game show contestants.As Hannity called on each of them, the guests recounted their “Obamacare” horror stories: canceled policies, premium hikes, restrictions on the freedom to see a doctor of their choice, financial burdens upon their small businesses and so on.“These are the stories that the media refuses to cover,” Hannity interjected.But none of it smelled right to me. Nothing these folks were saying jibed with the basic facts of the Affordable Care Act as I understand them. I understand them fairly well; I have worked as a senior adviser to a governor and helped him deal with the new federal rules.
    I decided to hit the pavement. I tracked down Hannity’s guests, one by one, and did my own telephone interviews with them.
    Lie #1
    First I spoke with Paul Cox of Leicester, N.C. He and his wife Michelle had lamented to Hannity that because of Obamacare, they can’t grow their construction business and they have kept their employees below a certain number of hours, so that they are part-timers.
    Obamacare has no effect on businesses with 49 employees or less. But in our brief conversation on the phone, Paul revealed that he has only four employees. Why the cutback on his workforce? “Well,” he said, “I haven’t been forced to do so, it’s just that I’ve chosen to do so. I have to deal with increased costs.” What costs? And how, I asked him, is any of it due to Obamacare? There was a long pause, after which he said he’d call me back. He never did.
    There is only one Obamacare requirement that applies to a company of this size: workers must be notified of the existence of the “healthcare.gov” website, the insurance exchange. That’s all.

Lie #2 - The Uninformed listen to the pundits and believe their lies without doing their own research
    Next I called Allison Denijs. She’d told Hannity that she pays over $13,000 a year in premiums. Like the other guests, she said she had recently gotten a letter from Blue Cross saying that her policy was being terminated and a new, ACA-compliant policy would take its place. She says this shows that Obama lied when he promised Americans that we could keep our existing policies.Allison’s husband left his job a few years ago, one with benefits at a big company, to start his own business. Since then they’ve been buying insurance on the open market, and are now paying around $1,100 a month for a policy with a $2,500 deductible per family member, with hefty annual premium hikes. One of their two children is not covered under the policy. She has a preexisting condition that would require purchasing additional coverage for $600 a month, which would bring the family’s grand total to around $20,000 a year.
    I asked Allison if she’d shopped on the exchange, to see what a plan might cost under the new law. She said she hadn’t done so because she’d heard the website was not working. Would she try it out when it’s up and running? Perhaps, she said. She told me she has long opposed Obamacare, and that the president should have focused on tort reform as a solution to bringing down the price of healthcare.
    I tried an experiment and shopped on the exchange for Allison and Kurt. Assuming they don’t smoke and have a household income too high to be eligible for subsidies, I found that they would be able to get a plan for around $7,600, which would include coverage for their uninsured daughter. This would be about a 60 percent reduction from what they would have to pay on the pre-Obamacare market.
    Allison also told me that the letter she received from Blue Cross said that in addition to the policy change for ACA compliance, in the new policy her physician network size might be reduced. That’s something insurance companies do to save money, with or without Obamacare on the horizon, just as they raise premiums with or without Obamacare coming.
    If Allison’s choice of doctor was denied her through Obamacare then, yes, she could have a claim that Obamacare has hurt her. But she’d also have thousands of dollars in her pocket that she didn’t have before.

Lie #3 - Other Uniformed refuse to accept Obamacare savings, and complain when their previous plan prices "might" increase to be in compliance
    Finally, I called Robbie and Tina Robison from Franklin, Tenn. Robbie is self-employed as a Christian youth motivational speaker. (You can see his work here.) On Hannity, the couple said that they, too, were recently notified that their Blue Cross policy would be expiring for lack of ACA compliance. They told Hannity that the replacement plans Blue Cross was offering would come with a rate increase of 50 percent or even 75 percent, and that the new offerings would contain all sorts of benefits they don’t need, like maternity care, pediatric care, prenatal care and so forth. Their kids are grown and moved out, so why should they be forced to pay extra for a health plan with superfluous features?When I spoke to Robbie, he said he and Tina have been paying a little over $800 a month for their plan, about $10,000 a year. And the ACA-compliant policy that will cost 50-75 percent more? They said this information was related to them by their insurance agent.
    Had they shopped on the exchange yet, I asked? No, Tina said, nor would they. They oppose Obamacare and want nothing to do with it. Fair enough, but they should know that I found a plan for them for, at most, $3,700 a year, 63 percent less than their current bill. It might cover things that they don’t need, but so does every insurance policy.

This falls under the heading, "You can lead the stupid to water but you can't make them drink"

You can read the rest here: http://www.salon.com/2013/10/18/insi..._on_obamacare/

Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain

You can lead a man to Congress, but you can't make him think - Milton Berle

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

OK, Thanks
    "My children, you have come to me my people. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me, my people?"....Obama, Nov 7, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by FisherDan View Post
    Lie #1

Obamacare has no effect on businesses with 49 employees or less.

Fixed it for you.
    That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Banned

Just when it appears that you have exhausted all of your total BS posts, yet another one is passed. Yes passed like a BM. That is the only analogy I can draw, as your backside seems to be doing the talking. Let's examine your so called lies.....#1. Whether you have 4 employees or 50, if the cost to insure each employee rises, then it hurts the ability to hire more employees. #2 The author of you fairy tale never acknowledges whether the plans he is quoting have the same coverage or deductibles. His fictitious 60% savings is all smoke and mirrors if the ACA version has much higher deductibles and co-pays. Even you should have thought about that before leaving your pile of dung for us to read. #3 I know for a fact that my girlfriend is losing her existing coverage and will have to suffer the same fate as the majority of people. Even you with all of your infinite wisdom should have begged to ask how anyone's policy will magically be reduced by more than half. Again you want to compare upfront costs with total ownership cost. If so then your whole argument will crumble beneath your feet. In the future please take at least a couple of seconds to apply all of those diplomas that you apparently wasted a lot of money acquiring, and think if the crap that you post smells like roses, because from here it doesn't.

Hey Mr No respect

Still waiting on you to tell us how increasing the debt = a surplus.

come on now, lets get that fuzzy math logic you learned from liberal U working an show us..

Quote Originally Posted by FisherDan View Post
    Gotta love how the lies by RWNJ spinmasters get more and more desperate as time goes on.

I happened to turn on the Hannity show on Fox News last Friday evening. “Average Americans are feeling the pain of Obamacare and the healthcare overhaul train wreck,” Hannity announced, “and six of them are here tonight to tell us their stories.” Three married couples were neatly arranged in his studio, the wives seated and the men standing behind them, like game show contestants.As Hannity called on each of them, the guests recounted their “Obamacare” horror stories: canceled policies, premium hikes, restrictions on the freedom to see a doctor of their choice, financial burdens upon their small businesses and so on.“These are the stories that the media refuses to cover,” Hannity interjected.But none of it smelled right to me. Nothing these folks were saying jibed with the basic facts of the Affordable Care Act as I understand them. I understand them fairly well; I have worked as a senior adviser to a governor and helped him deal with the new federal rules.
    I decided to hit the pavement. I tracked down Hannity’s guests, one by one, and did my own telephone interviews with them.
    Lie #1
    First I spoke with Paul Cox of Leicester, N.C. He and his wife Michelle had lamented to Hannity that because of Obamacare, they can’t grow their construction business and they have kept their employees below a certain number of hours, so that they are part-timers.
    Obamacare has no effect on businesses with 49 employees or less. But in our brief conversation on the phone, Paul revealed that he has only four employees. Why the cutback on his workforce? “Well,” he said, “I haven’t been forced to do so, it’s just that I’ve chosen to do so. I have to deal with increased costs.” What costs? And how, I asked him, is any of it due to Obamacare? There was a long pause, after which he said he’d call me back. He never did.
    There is only one Obamacare requirement that applies to a company of this size: workers must be notified of the existence of the “healthcare.gov” website, the insurance exchange. That’s all.

Lie #2 - The Uninformed listen to the pundits and believe their lies without doing their own research
    Next I called Allison Denijs. She’d told Hannity that she pays over $13,000 a year in premiums. Like the other guests, she said she had recently gotten a letter from Blue Cross saying that her policy was being terminated and a new, ACA-compliant policy would take its place. She says this shows that Obama lied when he promised Americans that we could keep our existing policies.Allison’s husband left his job a few years ago, one with benefits at a big company, to start his own business. Since then they’ve been buying insurance on the open market, and are now paying around $1,100 a month for a policy with a $2,500 deductible per family member, with hefty annual premium hikes. One of their two children is not covered under the policy. She has a preexisting condition that would require purchasing additional coverage for $600 a month, which would bring the family’s grand total to around $20,000 a year.
    I asked Allison if she’d shopped on the exchange, to see what a plan might cost under the new law. She said she hadn’t done so because she’d heard the website was not working. Would she try it out when it’s up and running? Perhaps, she said. She told me she has long opposed Obamacare, and that the president should have focused on tort reform as a solution to bringing down the price of healthcare.
    I tried an experiment and shopped on the exchange for Allison and Kurt. Assuming they don’t smoke and have a household income too high to be eligible for subsidies, I found that they would be able to get a plan for around $7,600, which would include coverage for their uninsured daughter. This would be about a 60 percent reduction from what they would have to pay on the pre-Obamacare market.
    Allison also told me that the letter she received from Blue Cross said that in addition to the policy change for ACA compliance, in the new policy her physician network size might be reduced. That’s something insurance companies do to save money, with or without Obamacare on the horizon, just as they raise premiums with or without Obamacare coming.
    If Allison’s choice of doctor was denied her through Obamacare then, yes, she could have a claim that Obamacare has hurt her. But she’d also have thousands of dollars in her pocket that she didn’t have before.

Lie #3 - Other Uniformed refuse to accept Obamacare savings, and complain when their previous plan prices "might" increase to be in compliance
    Finally, I called Robbie and Tina Robison from Franklin, Tenn. Robbie is self-employed as a Christian youth motivational speaker. (You can see his work here.) On Hannity, the couple said that they, too, were recently notified that their Blue Cross policy would be expiring for lack of ACA compliance. They told Hannity that the replacement plans Blue Cross was offering would come with a rate increase of 50 percent or even 75 percent, and that the new offerings would contain all sorts of benefits they don’t need, like maternity care, pediatric care, prenatal care and so forth. Their kids are grown and moved out, so why should they be forced to pay extra for a health plan with superfluous features?When I spoke to Robbie, he said he and Tina have been paying a little over $800 a month for their plan, about $10,000 a year. And the ACA-compliant policy that will cost 50-75 percent more? They said this information was related to them by their insurance agent.
    Had they shopped on the exchange yet, I asked? No, Tina said, nor would they. They oppose Obamacare and want nothing to do with it. Fair enough, but they should know that I found a plan for them for, at most, $3,700 a year, 63 percent less than their current bill. It might cover things that they don’t need, but so does every insurance policy.

This falls under the heading, "You can lead the stupid to water but you can't make them drink"

You can read the rest here: http://www.salon.com/2013/10/18/insi..._on_obamacare/

IGNORANCE IS CORRECTABLE..............STUPIDITY IS FOREVER........JUST TALK TO A LIBERAL!

Guys and gals, just ignore the poster and it will go away.
    Last edited by Joe Romano; 10-20-2013 at 05:06 PM.

I love how he is mad about hannity's "Lies" - you know, the guy who gets paid to have ratings and say things to get people to watch....

But somehow, he doesnt care about Obama's Lies - you know, the guy who was elected to be transparent, and fix our mess????????

Interesting to say the least?

Sounds like allison and her husband make about 90K a year, say they bring home 60K prior to enrolling in the morons health plan (assuming bronze plan) now they're bringing home 50K. Now say Allison needs a major procedure such as a transplant or say she wants to be an Al... she he or it will have to come up with 40K for every 100K the procedure costs. Lets see ya feed a family, keep the lights on and a roof over their head for 10K. Your an IDIOT if you think this is some utopia on the horizon.

boring........

How I spend my Sunday's
    My Son the next John Force

I find it interesting that out of pocket expenses are left out. Sure they can get cheaper rates, but they'll have to pay for pretty much every doctor visit and procedure.

That's what's happening at my company. It's coverage that doesn't cover anything unless it's catastrophic and the person still has to fork out $10,000.

][ ][ ][ %

Quote Originally Posted by Marine Tom View Post
    I find it interesting that out of pocket expenses are left out. Sure they can get cheaper rates, but they'll have to pay for pretty much every doctor visit and procedure.

That's what's happening at my company. It's coverage that doesn't cover anything unless it's catastrophic and the person still has to fork out $10,000.
    That's what I had to go to. To keep the coverage I had would have been about $300 more per week out of my paycheck.

Quote Originally Posted by Younger View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    LOL - He just doesn't get it
    Legal Reform
    Reduce the numbers of Lawyers in Public Office

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." - Tacitus

Banned

Give me some Obamacare. NY,NY. I am going for a full checkup. Gimme the full works. Might as well its only $300. Yeah baby. Might as well. A brand new start. Top of the list. King of the Hill. These little town blues. WOOHOO.
    Last edited by JOHNQ; 10-21-2013 at 08:08 AM.

I'm from Jersey; are you from Jersey? What exit? Actually just wishing I was fishing

Anyone who believes obamacare has no effect on businesses with 49 or fewer employees is seriously uninformed. Though they could be: agenda driven, employed directly or indirectly by the administration, foolish, or simply be a useful idiot.

I just went through personal experience with health insurance renewals. Our rates increased 5%, there were no changes to the group or plan. We are also fortunate enough to have renewed before 1/1/2014, so we did not feel the strong arm of obamacare yet. We are also NJ based, where the rates are already reflect some of the tenants of obozocare so they were already higher than most of the country.

. . . renewals starting January 1, 2014.

Currently our small group's rates are based on the group as a whole. When we renew next year, which for us will be 11/30/14, our group will be treated more like a bucket of individual plans. The only thing that will make it a group will be the billing & bureaucracy. Next time the rate for each individual or family plan will be build around that individual/family. This means large increases for people as they get older, or have health problems. In theory there could be possible decreases for younger folks, but if you are in the danger categories of over 55 or have a woman on child bearing years in your family, look out.
    The only way the little communitarian could get the insurance companies on board was to give them, or let them have, something. That's how national socialism works.

Here's the Proof Obamacare is For the Insurance Companies, and Not For You

When President Obama proposed the Affordable Care Act, otherwise known as Obamacare, many championed it as a system which would prioritize consumers over insurance companies. However, as millions are now learning, the opposite is true. Obamacare has opened a hub of cronyism for health insurance companies. The law doesn’t hold insurance companies accountable for out of control rates. Rather, it helps these companies rob you blind.

The Obama administration and Congressional Democrats have recently been recipients of widespread outrage, as many promises about the functionality of Obamacare have completely fallen through. In 2009, Obama promised that, "If you like your health care plan, you can keep [it]." This has been proven false, and has prompted extensive upset by union members.

A lesser known broken promise is that of Obamacare putting Americans before insurance companies. However, cronyism between Blue Cross Blue Shield, the Obama administration, and Enroll America, has proven that Obamacare puts insurance companies first.

When Obama was elected, Blue Cross Blue Shield's (BCBS) lobbying expenditures jumped sharply, and continued to do so until soon after Obamacare passed Congress. BCBS’s involvement turns nefarious, when realizing one of their executives (along with executives from several other health insurance companies) is on the board of Enroll America. Enroll America is a 501(c)(3) with close ties to the White House and the administration, which aims to maximize enrollment in Obamacare and promote it.

Worse yet, in May, the House Energy and Commerce Committee expanded its investigation into "reports that Health and Human Services [HHS] Secretary Kathleen Sebelius may have solicited funding … from the health care industry to help implement [Obamacare]." An "HHS spokesperson said Secretary Sebelius suggested health care executives and others support the work of Enroll America." Among the 15 organizations from which the committee requested information about Sebelius’s actions is — yes — BCBS.

Even more concerning, Sebelius appointed BCBS Louisiana Senior Vice President to the National Committee on Vital and Health Statistics (NCVHS). BCBS has become quite cozy with the Obama administration while the American people are left in the lurch.

Recently, former President Bill Clinton spoke in support of Obamacare. He explained that many are concerned that too few healthy young people will sign up for health insurance. He went on to detail that this is an issue of concern, because if too few young, healthy people buy insurance, the sick will have to pay more. Young people need less coverage, while sick people need more. In other words, Clinton is advocating forcing people to buy coverage they don't need, in order to subsidize other peoples' health care costs. This, in effect, gives health insurance companies like BCBS lots of extra money and a free pass to jack up prices without any accountability.

Clinton neglected to explain alternatives to this dynamic, including actually holding insurance companies accountable for their out of control fees, and ridding unnecessary and costly measures used to block doctors from lawsuits, called "defensive medicine." Rep. Tom Price proposed doing the latter. It seems many Democrats are more interested in lining health insurance companies' pockets than promoting actual affordable care.

Those who were formerly huge supporters of the law are now outraged at its negative effects. Unions are fuming at the Obama administration, as they have learned Obamacare prompts employers to cut workers' hours and reduces coverage. Even the Democratic lawmakers who passed the bill are now lamenting its horrendous effects and calling it a "train wreck."

Diminishing support for the law is justly founded. Obamacare promotes corporate cronyism. The real victors are not the American people, but the health insurance companies. Obamacare does a lot to help these companies, and even more to force Americans to support them.