Dinner at the Library in Voorhees.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Jhudds
  • 1 Post By Scaleddown

Thread: Dinner at the Library in Voorhees.

Default Dinner at the Library in Voorhees.

Went to dinner Sat night with family (8 adults), I was shocked by the costs, my brother in law (worked on wall street) who routinely dines out in NYC commented that the price were even above NYC prices....

But wow what a great dinner. Their salad bar is fantastic, I got the 16oz fillet with baked potato (over $50.00). My wife got the crab legs (over $60.00). plus wine and dessert.... It was a very expensive night out, but OMG was it worth it.

My steak was cooked to perfection, and the cut was almost 3" thick! Huge potato, My wifes crab legs was 2lbs. The claws were the size of adolescent child hand, legs looked like they were 1 1/4 diameter. Amazing!

I have not been to the Library in many many years,probably 8 years or so, the prices have definitely gone way up, but its still one of the best meals I have ever had! What amazes me is the restaurant was packed till about 11pm.
    wired98, Slammer3, rfanow and 1 others like this.
    GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1974 Penn Yan Avenger 23'
    Mercruiser 350 tunnel drive - Sold

1980 Penn Yan 30' Sportfish
    Twin GM 350 tunnel drives

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

I sometimes how to the one in Williamstown . I always like you you can order you meat and every time it come out perfect.
    Fish or cut bait!! Slammer3 -26 Seaswirl Popeye's Marina R.F.A. Member-N.J Member-U.M.D.B. Mike Brennan Jr.

Take pics next time

Most of the world is covered by water. A fisherman's job is simple: Pick out the best parts.
    -Charles Waterman

I drive by it almost every day. Big crowds. Its been about 10 years for me. Ill have to give it a try again. I was never disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhudds View Post
    Went to dinner Sat night ..........I got the 16oz fillet with baked potato

That is one big azz piece of Red Meat
    "
    Adventures In Conspicuous Consumption

Quote Originally Posted by Jhudds View Post
    Went to dinner Sat night with family (8 adults), I was shocked by the costs, my brother in law (worked on wall street) who routinely dines out in NYC commented that the price were even above NYC prices....

But wow what a great dinner. Their salad bar is fantastic, I got the 16oz fillet with baked potato (over $50.00). My wife got the crab legs (over $60.00). plus wine and dessert.... It was a very expensive night out, but OMG was it worth it.

My steak was cooked to perfection, and the cut was almost 3" thick! Huge potato, My wifes crab legs was 2lbs. The claws were the size of adolescent child hand, legs looked like they were 1 1/4 diameter. Amazing!

I have not been to the Library in many many years,probably 8 years or so, the prices have definitely gone way up, but its still one of the best meals I have ever had! What amazes me is the restaurant was packed till about 11pm.
    wow big time numbers....http://www.librarytwo.com/linked/dinnermenu.png

Quote Originally Posted by JMcKnight View Post
    Take pics next time
    pics ...http://www.librarytwo.com/library_ii_007.htm

Glad you enjoyed it.......a big meal like that's worth it sometimes..........big money for sure though........more like Peter Lugers, NY than S NJ.

Sounds delicious. prices don't sound out of line though. here's delfrisco's in philly. I won't go to these places because I feel like I make a pretty good steak at home for less than half the cost, but it's nice to be waited on sometimes too.

STEAKS & CHOPS

Filet Mignon*
    $42.50
    8 oz.

$49.50
    12 oz.

Bone-In Filet*
    $69.00
    16 oz.

Prime Ribeye*
    $49.50
    16 oz.

Bone-In Prime Ribeye*
    $59.00
    22 oz.

Prime Strip*
    $51.00
    16 oz.

Bone-in Prime Strip*
    $60.00
    22 Oz.

Prime Porterhouse*
    $60.00
    24 oz.

$49.00
    Lamb*
    [COLOR=#666666 !important]2 Double Cut 8 oz. Chops

$89.00
    Wagyu Tomahawk Chop*
    [COLOR=#666666 !important]32 oz. Ribeye Long-Bone

[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]
    SEAFOOD

$36.50
    Bay of Fundy Salmon*
    [COLOR=#666666 !important]Crab Hash & Lobster Tomato Jus

$42.00
    Sesame-seared Tuna*
    [COLOR=#666666 !important]Soy Ginger Glaze & Wasabi Cream

[/COLOR]
    $39.50
    Crab Cakes
    [COLOR=#666666 !important]Cajun Lobster Sauce

[/COLOR]
    $46.00
    Seared Chilean Sea Bass

[/COLOR]

Those prices are insane. Didn't they just build a new hospital nearby? All those Doctors and Nurses need to eat. If I go there they'll say, kitchen help comes in the back entrance.
    ARMED4BEAR likes this.

When you go to a place that prides itself on the quality of the protein they serve you'll be paying that style of dollar for a steak. There is a place in mendham NJ, Sammy's, that is just that in way of a cost. You don't eat there often but when you do the steak is the best or the seafood is also top notch.

Supporting Vendor

One of the regular stops when my daughter was young and living with her Mom in Cherry Hill. You can spend a bundle there, like the Ribeye I love Pittsburgh medium (my mouth is watering just thinking of it), but you can get a lesser cost item like a chopped steak (I was on a budget!) and still get to dive into that amazing salad bar. BTW, the chopped steak is about the best you will ever taste.

When we go now, I just ignore the prices and enjoy the steaks... Even with all the "fancy" steak houses out there, still no question one of the best simple but fantastic meals you can get in the area.

Stay Tuna-ed!
    Capt. Ed B.

Your "friend in the business" at TackleDirect 1-888-354-7335

On The Water Magazine South Jersey Monthly Columnist

Hydrasports 2800 Vector Twin 250 HPDI FOR SALE!
    http://www.thebassbarn.com/forum/sho...ector-for-sale
    Marvelous Margate NJ

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.