Fishing Reports Jan 1 - Jan 31, 2017
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By CapeMayRay

Thread: Fishing Reports Jan 1 - Jan 31, 2017

Default Fishing Reports Jan 1 - Jan 31, 2017

Hoping all of you have a blessed new year. I am sure we all have special hopes & prayers for Cape May Ray, one of our own whom we all hope and pray gets better and soon returns to sharing his words of wisdom with us. Do get better Ray. Do be safe tonight: I am doing this at 8;07 New Years Eve. Hope you can get some fish. I got one tarpon in the last three trips & I am one year older as of yesterday.
    Ron Conner
    MODERATOR SALT WATER FLY FISHING FORUM
    release the fish, keep the memories. Once a Knight is enough. Sparse

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

I am doing fin and and home for almost a week. With all the crap of back and forth from the hospital they delayed my next surgery 4 weeks which to me was a bit of a disappointment as it delays me getting into the full cardio rehab program.
    Right now I feel great and will start cleaning up my fishing gear etc. for the new season. Just can't do anything too exerting.

Come on Ron, you are down where it is warm and there is no excuse not to get out and fish once in a while. With us northern flyrodders stuck indoors due to weather, how about giving us a fix and show us some fish catches. We all need it bad.
    ridenfish, Belmo and snprblue2 like this.

Glad to hear you're doing better Ray! Looking forward to you posting some reports in the future
    CORRUPT, SCUMBAG POLITICIANS™

Glad you are home & happy Ray. Hoping that the good news continues. Over 30 mph starting last night. Will restrict all boating. Fish were slowing down. 1 for 4 trips between 9 P.M. & 4:30A.M. in the last week or so. Glad you are feeling better.
    Ron Conner

Ron, Sounds like the fishing is slow. They are still doing pretty good where my brother is up in the Palm Bay Melbourne area. Hope you get a break soon. Have a friend who just moved down near Tampa and is learning the area and he is doing well with snook,jacks,ladyfish and trout with a few reds. He keeps sending me pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by CapeMayRay View Post
    Ron, Sounds like the fishing is slow. They are still doing pretty good where my brother is up in the Palm Bay Melbourne area. Hope you get a break soon. Have a friend who just moved down near Tampa and is learning the area and he is doing well with snook,jacks,ladyfish and trout with a few reds. He keeps sending me pictures.
    Ray, Glad you're doing better. Heck, with the lovely 8deg weather at the Joisey Shore this morning maybe you should recoup with your brother. You could be "Palm Bay Ray!"

I normally do go down I January to fish with my brother and friends and do 5 or 6 remote control sailboat regattas around the state. I will miss that this year, but there is always next year. Right now I have a ton of small thinks to catch up on and keep me busy till spring. All the stuff you want to do but can never find the time. I got the time right now.

Ray ,there are some Ocean herring moving in and out of Corsons
    BUCKTAIL WILLIE<br /> fishologist and master tagger A FISH IS TOO VALUABLE TO CATCH JUST ONCE MEMBER RFA,,ALS,NAFC, IGFA,,Stripers Forever ,SFEC ,Tri-State Ang. recipent of Sagamore of the Wabash (IN)
    a skillful angler must be full of humble thoughts NEW MEMBER of Ancient Mariners

Bucktail Willie, Nice to see you here. Always enjoy your reports. Ray has had some serious health issues in December & I think he will pass on the herring in the near future. Bring yourself up to date by reading the last page or two of Dec. reports. Ray is doing well now & thanks for dropping by.
    Ron Conner

Been home 14 days now and doing quite well. Eating well starting to put back a few pounds. Feeling stronger each day and doing a lot of walking. Chest where I had the open heart surgery has healed well. Very little pain even when I do a full sneeze. Saw my local heart doctor today and I got cleared to drive, so I am mobile again. Got to talk to the Doctor for awhile and he believes once I get the next stent in and do my rehab that I will be as strong and physically fit as ever. It just can't come soon enough.

That's awesome Ray! Glad to hear you are getting more mobile. I hope you are able to cast a rod in a short time!

Super Dupe Ray. Keep on keeping on! and stay away from the flu...........which I've been fighting since Xmas............even tho had the flu shot...........

I feel good enough to put on waders and fish. Guess I will have to get my license and trout stamp. Can cast my 5 wt no problem. Come on Ron! Where are some fish pictures? Too many of those pig roasts keeping you off the water? You are our only hope for some fishing adventure pictures. The keys are where people go to get away from the cold and catch fish.

Glad your thinking of fishing Ray. Made a 3:30AM trip for tarpon this morning. 2 or three fish showed a little, very little, & no takes. Very slow couple of hours. Tide never took off. We snorkeled the area a couple days ago for lobster, bunch were there but nothing legal, & saw a couple of snook hanging around. That's what made me go but nada. Hopefully the water will get up to temp. soon. It was 73.4 this A.M. Continue to get better & do what your therapist tells you.
    Ron Conner

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.