VerticalScope Aquires The Bass Barn
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VerticalScope Aquires The Bass Barn

Administrator

Exclamation VerticalScope Aquires The Bass Barn

Well guys...I never thought I’d be telling you this, but the Bass Barn and the Buck Barn have a new owner - VerticalScope. I wish I could have told you sooner. Of course my decision to sell wasn’t an easy one! I’m sure you guys know how much the sites mean to me. It’s pretty much consumed the majority of my life over the past 13 years..

With that said, I am looking forward to pulling back the throttles and spending time with my family and friends. The time is right and I’m ready. My family needs me and I need me. I have been running at full throttle for way too long. Who knows, I may even get an opportunity or two to wet a line in the near future?

I can’t begin to thank you guys enough for all that you have done for me, my family, and our communities over the years. I never could have built/maintained the sites alone. You guys, and those who moderated in the past, are IMO responsible for so many of the wonderful things we have been able to accomplish. Without a quality core of mods the Barn’s would have never left their slips.
    The new owners are a fully capable group. VerticalScope owns and operates over 400 websites (and growing….)! They have the server infrastructure, software, administration, and other technical resources needed to take the Bass Barn and the Buck Barn to the next level and beyond. I’m confident the new owners will take good care of things.

Although no longer the owner, I will continue on as moderator. In the mean time, please know that I am forever thankful, grateful and appreciative for all you guys have done for me….Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

wow..... best of luck to you Ron.

rob

So the rumor of bass pro selling barn gear was ...false... or true?

------------

Rob

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Good Luck to you Ron.

what is vertical's policy on thongs
    "God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy"

CHANGE IS NEVER GOOD
    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak
    courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Winston Churchill

Who is this guy Ron and why is he babbling on about the Barn. Isn't VerticalScope what they shove up BIGGESTJACK ? And more importantly did you guys know that Old McDonald was a poor speller?
    Opening day 2017 Flounder Tournament. NO BONES BAIT & TACKLE IN WILDWOOD. OPEN EVERY DAY EXCEPT CHRISTMAS. LIVE AND FROZEN BAIT. 17FT. CAROLINA SKIFF RENTAL BOATS. Charter boats. Secret maps. Hand tied striper, flounder, Tog, Kingfish and Seabass rigs. Do you think someone in China cares if you lose your big fish? . LETS GO FISHING. 609-522-3017 email wwcnj@yahoo.com

Wowser. Best of Luck Rod
    Shake what Your momma gave ya

I hope you got a nice chunk of change. It felt great for me to sell my company, I have never looked back.
    That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Congrats Ron!

Hopefully these aren't the same people contracted to Run the ACA Healthcare site
    IGFA Certified Captain

In this case I think the change is good. Maybe now it won't be a sponsor-run site.

Congrat Ron and Fishcakes. I hope you got a good chunk of change. Maybe time to get a bigger boat and fish more.

Good luck and thanks for all the years you put in, making this site what it is. Hope it continues to be a great place.

Administrator

Hello,

Just wanted to introduce my self to you all. My name is Philip and I am a community manager for VerticalScope and will be taking over the WebMaster duties for Ron. I am here to help primarily with the technical end of things and help make the jobs of the current staff easier. I posted a real basic run down to answer common questions below. If you have more questions or concerns please post them.

What are our intentions?

We bring reliability, support and the infrastructure needed to ensure that the community will be around for years to come. It’s our goal to work with your board staff to help provide the resources and required to give this community a broader reach, to attract new members to better the overall knowledge shared in the community.

Will leadership change?

Continuity is the focus here, You as the membership work very hard to keep building this community while staff keep the walls and the roof up in this place; We are primarily here to make sure the lights stay on. Every community is unique and should always be respected in that regard. You guys have established your own unique rules and regulations and a strong reputation that is carried by all of this and it’s paramount that we maintain this level of integrity.

What am I here for?

My primary role is to be the technical contact as I said earlier you all built the foundation and keep the roof from falling, I am here keeping the lights on inside. I will be on the forum checking in daily to make sure regular maintenance is all taken care of and keep things running smoothly from behind the scenes.

I do look forward to getting to know you all and this unique community better.

Well, this will certainly be interesting. VerticalScope does seem like a pretty big operation. I couldn't find anything on VerticalScope's website about it, but did find a press release from July where they purchased the Allcoast Fishing Network of premier saltwater angling websites. Hmmmm.
    gettinwet was right all along about President Trump and I was wrong!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.