Dredging Update Anyone??

Thread: Dredging Update Anyone??

Default Dredging Update Anyone??

Any news on the Dredging project in the Shrewsbury River? I believe it was supposed to conclude by year-end. I know they had some equipment problems earlier. I wonder if they completed the dredge in the area between Barley Point and the Oceanic Bridge

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Well, I can tell you they didn't appear to be pumping today. Not sure if they're done, or if it's due to the holiday.
    25' Kencraft Challenger

Went thru sunday morning and they were pumping in Monmouth Beach.

They appear to be cutting a straight line from barley point to the bridge. There are some real shallow spots through there, kind of odd since I definitely think it will fill in fast. A week or so ago the dredge was right next to bare sandbars at low tide instead of where the current channel is. I'm not sure what their plan is

Currently it is a little closer to the bridge. The pipes make it interesting running the river to duck hunt...

Does anyone know if they have been dredging the shrewsbury? I am on the Navesink a lot more and the main dredge is still in this river. Do they have another working at the same time in the Shrews or do they still have to move over there after the Navesink is done?

I know they were supposed to be done on the 1st but they are obviously still working.

Quote Originally Posted by Basspond View Post
    They appear to be cutting a straight line from barley point to the bridge. There are some real shallow spots through there, kind of odd since I definitely think it will fill in fast. A week or so ago the dredge was right next to bare sandbars at low tide instead of where the current channel is. I'm not sure what their plan is

Currently it is a little closer to the bridge. The pipes make it interesting running the river to duck hunt...

Does anyone know if they have been dredging the shrewsbury? I am on the Navesink a lot more and the main dredge is still in this river. Do they have another working at the same time in the Shrews or do they still have to move over there after the Navesink is done?

I know they were supposed to be done on the 1st but they are obviously still working.
    Thanks Guy's for the update. I had thought there was a hard stop at Jan1 because of some environmental factors. I know they were running behind.