Raritan boat slip suggestions
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raritan boat slip suggestions

Default Raritan boat slip suggestions

Tired of launching and retrieving the boat at the keyport ramp, looking into slips as an alternative. I checked out raritian marina online, seems really nice and has easy access. any suggestions or input from fellow barners?

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Mtown, if that's the same raritan marine inside the corp gate it's a problem during low tide. Now I use do store the trailer there and launch. During low tide there was no going anywhere, too shallow. It needs to be dredged badly and that was 6 years ago.

Id stop by and talk to people that are around to see their experience. It has been a while since I was there.

There is another Marina in that same area behind the gate. Lentze Marina. I used to have the boat there on a rack. The only pitfall was the rack lift was not used on Tuesday. He had the day off.

Quote Originally Posted by saltflyfisherman View Post
    Mtown, if that's the same raritan marine inside the corp gate it's a problem during low tide. Now I use do store the trailer there and launch. During low tide there was no going anywhere, too shallow. It needs to be dredged badly and that was 6 years ago.

Id stop by and talk to people that are around to see their experience. It has been a while since I was there.

There is another Marina in that same area behind the gate. Lentze Marina. I used to have the boat there on a rack. The only pitfall was the rack lift was not used on Tuesday. He had the day off.
    It's located on stump creek right off route 35(there is a bridge very close to it)

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

I recommend Monmouth Cove Maria in Port Monmouth. Clean, nice people, county owned and run. Rack storage and slips.

Quote Originally Posted by Pcheesesteak View Post
    I recommend Monmouth Cove Maria in Port Monmouth. Clean, nice people, county owned and run. Rack storage and slips.
    Dont they have restricted hours like 6am to 9pm and locked up other times?

Quote Originally Posted by big ron View Post
    Dont they have restricted hours like 6am to 9pm and locked up other times?
    Not that I am aware of. During the summer they have tables and grills and people are there quite late, some stay on their boats overnight. In reading their guidelines, I never saw any restrictions.

If you're referring to the rack hours, then yes, those are 8 am to 3 pm, if you're having your boat dropped in or taken out. You're allowed two overnights a week, so you could leave it overnight if you get back late -- they'll pull it in the AM. Or if you're leaving early, have it dropped in the night before.

raritian marina was asking for a ridiculous amount of money. Inquired to a couple others, still waiting on a reply back.

Supporting Vendor

Speak to John or Bob at Keyport Marine Basin. The bridge is removed now so easy access in and out.
    DOWN DEEP - 40' CUSTOM DUFFY -
    U S C G CERTIFIED 1 - 15 PASSENGERS
    20 KNOT CRUISE / HUGE 15' X 14' COCKPIT / HEAT & A/C

DOWN DEEP BULL - 40' CUSTOM RP -
    U S C G CERTIFIED 1 - 15 PASSENGERS / HUGE COCKPIT

BROWNS POINT MARINA
    357 - WEST FRONT STREET
    KEYPORT, NEW JERSEY 07735

CAPT. MARIO - 609-827-1232

AVAILABLE DATES & RESERVATIONS - 609-689-8631

1 GOAL - 2 BOATS - 3 CAPTAINS - 4 MATES - 5 STAR SERVICE

WWW.DOWNDEEPSPORTFISHING.COM

Down Deep Sportfishing Supports The Bass Barn

Quote Originally Posted by mtown85jb View Post
    raritian marina was asking for a ridiculous amount of money. Inquired to a couple others, still waiting on a reply back.

You will find that most marinas are competitive as far as fees go. It ain't cheap.

I called keyport marine basin, they said to call back in march. waiting to here back from Monmouth cove marina. Spoke to Brown's Boat yard,they are located on cheesquake creek alittle further back than raritan marina. I would have to go under a train bridge it looks like. anyone familiar with the train bridge? Does it have clearance to pass under or do I have to radio in to have it lifted or wait until specific times?

Did you try Atlantic Highlands Marina they may have openings.

You call into the RR bridge each time. Weekends it stays up unless a train is coming , weekday it is down unless it gets a boat call. Not really a big issue in my mind, I have been doing it for 20 years

Quote Originally Posted by phildebaecke View Post
    You call into the RR bridge each time. Weekends it stays up unless a train is coming , weekday it is down unless it gets a boat call. Not really a big issue in my mind, I have been doing it for 20 years
    Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by mtown85jb View Post
    Tired of launching and retrieving the boat at the keyport ramp, looking into slips as an alternative. I checked out raritian marina online, seems really nice and has easy access. any suggestions or input from fellow barners?
    You may want to check out a rack system for the season being you have a trailer for winter storage.

Was at Monmouth Cove Marina on Monday, and they indicted they have just a very few slips still available.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.