Reports from the Flats

Thread: Reports from the Flats

Question Reports from the Flats

Any good reports lately, going to give it a try on Sunday. First time in about 5 years, looking forward to dusting off all the old plugs, spoons, poppers and soft plastics

Any recent intel would be helpful

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Default Friday 4/27 and Sunday 4/29 Report

Friday- left the dock at about 6, started at the battery ditches then hit the channel edges. The winds were out of the NW at 25kt when I started and were pushing 35kt when I left- not many boats out there, thats probably why. Only picked up a few really small schoolies. Left early to escape the wind.

Sunday- started at the Susky end of the flats around 6 and immediately started picking up fish on x-raps. Also had a bunch of topwater hits and misses on a stillwater. Had the most success in 8 - 10' of water. The bite, for us at least, died down around 8:30 or 9am. Lots of boats out there, for the remainder of the morning saw people picking up fish here and there. Headed in around 11.

I never got into a real consistent bite either day, early Sunday am was the best action I saw. The biggest was a 27" on Sunday.

Let me know how you did out there.
    "Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl." -Ernest Hemingway

- 18' Mckee Craft CC
    Cabin John Creek, MD

We were out Sunday 5:30AM till 1PM

Great topwater on Smack-Its until sun came up. Biggest was 28"

After that picked away at them with soft plastics. Biggest was 31" around noon..

I'm glad I was able to get out there a couple times this year..

Mike

Agreed Bottom Knocker- seems like everyone did pretty well volume wise this year, athough I didn't see any reports of real big fish.
    Maybe we will get lucky and the water temp will remain decent until after the 16th.
    Seems like they are doing pretty well down by the bridge- maybe I'll make a run down there soon.
    "Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl." -Ernest Hemingway

- 18' Mckee Craft CC
    Cabin John Creek, MD

I heard some COWS were caught early in the season and kept hush hush..

Thumbs up Thanks for the reports

Thanks for the reports guys. We were all set and ready to try the flats and decided at the last minute to try up north Jersey in the ocean and had a real good day on some nice fish all on jigs.

Glad to hear you guys had some good action and awesome to hear some topwater action too

my buddy and i are going down next week for 5 days. cabin at elk neck. hope to get out on kayaks. went last year and cats were only thing we caught, some monsters though..
    and one good trip to woodys

Flats closed for stripers until 5-15:

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries...regmap03a.html

i will be there on the 17

Quote Originally Posted by HOG1 View Post
    i will be there on the 17
    How did you do yesterday? We are heading up Saturday.

Mainly for cats and perch with wife and nefew.

Mike

took a ride around on Sunday - with the dam release and all the wind the water was really muddy. There was a small spot around Turkey Point where clarity was ok. I didn't even bother dropping a line.

- 18' Mckee Craft CC
    Cabin John Creek, MD