Powder coat fluid bed Plans
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Powder coat fluid bed Plans

Default Powder coat fluid bed Plans

Anyone ever build their own fluid bed for powder coating and what was needed? I just started pouring and tying my own bucktails,have the toaster oven, and have been dipping the jig heads. They come out fine most of the time, but every so often I get one or two with heavy and dripping coats. So I read some where that the fluid bed makes the paint process more uniform and uses less paint. Any good advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bridesburg River Rat View Post
    Anyone ever build their own fluid bed for powder coating and what was needed? I just started pouring and tying my own bucktails,have the toaster oven, and have been dipping the jig heads. They come out fine most of the time, but every so often I get one or two with heavy and dripping coats. So I read some where that the fluid bed makes the paint process more uniform and uses less paint. Any good advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Hi river rat Like I said in another reply I bought a spray gun to use with a air brush compressor.I am able to coat the jig with a base coat of say pearl or white then add green or chartruse.It does not get real heavy like a powder dip, the detail stays in the jig. I was wondering if you need to cure the jigs right after the painting or can you wait hrs. minutes or days .I tied up three today using white and chartruse hair . my heaviest jig is the 2- 3 and 4 oz. I might buy the heavier one becouse the tide was running yesterday and the 4 was hardly holding I had to keep letting out more line .i hooked up with a big skate and it took a while to get the bugger to the boat.i like jigging vertical right under the boat if possible.

I don't really know if you can wait to cure the powder coat.I have the toaster oven hot already so I just dip and back in the oven.Maybe we need to search suppliers websites or e-mail them for that answer. I like to jig vertical as well, but can't always do it because of tide,wind etc., seems then you get what I hear is called scope in the line.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.