First Try at a Handcarve
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First Try at a Handcarve

Default First Try at a Handcarve

Bought some supplies at the Berkley Fishing Flea Market so I figured I'd give it a try this weekend. Not perfect, I know I did a few things wrong, but overall I'm pretty happy with it. It swims pretty good and is thru wired. I even got it to rattle a little. Now to see if it catches...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20120319_153622.jpg 
Views:	435 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	55515  

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

looks good to me...im just getting started to and mine dont look perfect but hopefully they will work

Looks good to me.

Looks good now go catch some fish with it

Sous les lois de Minerve nous devenons tous frères

I'd eat it.

Looks very good, good color. Is that an acrylic lip? Looks like it would cast well also.

Fish Poison Custom Rods - By Kevin Bogan.
    212 Broadway Point Pleasant Beach N.J. 08742
    732 892 8822 kevin@kevinbogans.com
    AVET ~ SHIMANO ~ Penn
    ~ Killin' Fish for a long, long time ~
    Fishing Rods = Made in America
    "Dead Fish Don't Swim"

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Poison View Post
    Looks very good, good color. Is that an acrylic lip? Looks like it would cast well also.
    haha its from a Plano box. Ive got a ton of the seperators laying laying around so figured why not.

Quote Originally Posted by IgotWORMS View Post
    haha its from a Plano box. Ive got a ton of the seperators laying laying around so figured why not.
    Do your best to only have it out at night. Sun will make that lip brittle in no time.

Looks good though.
    cj

Question on the through wire......you or anyone that builds, what type of wire are you using....is it one piece going through the plug including the dropper for the hook in the mid section of the plug or do you make a dropper with an eye that you pass the main wire through inside of the body of the plug? ......its pretty obvious that a one piece wire would be a 2 piece plug you have to glue together, just starting to dabble so if my questions seem silly cut me some slack

when I want to make a plug with a lip I use spinner blades, the oval shaped ones that you use to make flounder rigs just trim them down to the size to fit your needs
    Last edited by fdformicola; 03-21-2012 at 09:06 PM.

turn the poachers in & stop the waste

just a little more C&R
    let fishin be fun
    KILL ONLY WHAT YOU EAT
    BUY AMERICAN

Quote Originally Posted by bigfish4me View Post
    Question on the through wire......you or anyone that builds, what type of wire are you using....is it one piece going through the plug including the dropper for the hook in the mid section of the plug or do you make a dropper with an eye that you pass the main wire through inside of the body of the plug? ......its pretty obvious that a one piece wire would be a 2 piece plug you have to glue together, just starting to dabble so if my questions seem silly cut me some slack
    when I make a 1 piece plug I drill it all the way thru from nose to tail and then I drill a hole on the underside of the plug where I want to put my belly hook,only deep enough to meet the main hole where you run your wire from nose to tail and when I am wiring it I put a barrel swivel in the belly hole and run the wire thru it to secure it and attach hook with split ring

turn the poachers in & stop the waste

just a little more C&R
    let fishin be fun
    KILL ONLY WHAT YOU EAT
    BUY AMERICAN

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.