IPhone showing old posts - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IPhone showing old posts

Settings checked and ok. This is has got to be an ad issue. Four of the last five threads in this forum are ad issues.....

I'm having trouble posting screen shots so this will be a before post and then an after post. The photo below shows the forum in the process of loading. It shows only the second ad before the banner loaded directly beneath the stickies. The second ad is usually a text type ad. Notice the date of the first post below this ad.... It's current

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	363321
    Last edited by Loosey Lucy; 01-01-2017 at 12:33 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

The next photo shows after the banner loaded and I tried to scroll down. Note the date of the post directly below the banner ad. The second ad disappeared and the posts updated to older ones.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	363329

Administrator

Can you please verify what browser you're using and what IOS?

Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Can you please verify what browser you're using and what IOS?

Kyle
    Safari on iPhone running iOS 10.2

Wasn't seeing those text type ads yesterday so everything was fine.... but they are back today screwing everything up

Looking over all of the ad issue posts, did you guys start doing something different for your ads at the end of November or beginning of December?
    Last edited by Loosey Lucy; 01-04-2017 at 09:46 AM.

Administrator

I have notified my tech department to investigate this as well.

Case #2368660

Once we have more information we will post here again.

Thanks.
    - JB

Sounds like a corrupt cache to me. Clear it again. And install Adblock to get rid of those ads.
    BayRat

Administrator

Hey there,

We did some testing and all seems well now. Are you still experiencing this? Have you cleared your cache as BayRat suggested?

- JB

Cache cleared several times. It was good for a few days but those ads are back again, specifically the birth control one. And of course it keeps reverting the Striper forum back to Dec 23. It's only in the enhanced mobile view but that's the version peppered with ads.

Can I pay for no ads?

Figured something out..... only happens when Safari is set to private browsing.... which is normally how I have it set

Administrator

Those ad's are embedded (Google ads mostly) but that birth control one does seem odd. I would need to investigate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Loosey Lucy View Post
    Figured something out..... only happens when Safari is set to private browsing.... which is normally how I have it set
    Can you clarify. What happens when Safari is set to private? The post date issue?

- JB

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Those ad's are embedded (Google ads mostly) but that birth control one does seem odd. I would need to investigate it.

Can you clarify. What happens when Safari is set to private? The post date issue?

- JB
    See my first two posts on page two of this thread..... the two with screen captures. The URL is changing after the initial load so those text type ads are redirecting my browser to a few pages deeper to older posts. And the striper forum always goes back to Dec 23. The offshore forum always goes back to October

Birth control ads are back with a vengance this morning. Turns out private browsing has nothing to do with it.

Administrator

I have added those notes to the ticket with tech. We will see what they come back with.

- JB

Also get those same text type ads for diabetes, pneumonia and lung cancer. Coincidence they are all health care related?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Loosey Lucy View Post
    Also get those same text type ads for diabetes, pneumonia and lung cancer. Coincidence they are all health care related?
    Those regular embedded ads, but it seems that there is something with them. They should be coming up as GoogleAds (As per your second screenshot)

Can you grab some more screenshots, or the URL they have listed in there so I can investigate with my other departments.

Thanks,
    - JB

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.