backbay cleanup - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: backbay cleanup

Quote Originally Posted by mad mike View Post
    what part of the back bay?
    North Wildwood public ramp area heading South to start.
    "SALTY DOGS" singer and guitarist.
    (Classic Rock Band available for Your Events.)

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RyanF View Post
    City of Somers Point
    1 West New Jersey Avenue
    Somers Point, NJ 08244
    (609) 927-9088

May be a good idea to swing by during work hours if you get a chance. Too easy to get ran around in circles over the phone.

Thank you for your work here

RyanF
    ok thanks ill try to give em a call or swing by today.

Quote Originally Posted by BEER MAN View Post
    So its March 24th rain date the March 25th It think I'll be in Cape May that weekend so I'm in. Dont know Beesley Point though where is that, how would I get there from Cape May? Thanks
    go north till u go over a big bridge and hit the toll booth take that exit. i think its 29 coming from that direction. as soon as you get off the toll booth hang a left. (not technically legal so drive down road and uturn somewhere safely) and drive as if your gonna get back on the parkway on ramp. only stay left and go around the exit sign where the road looks blocked off drive down to the water and your there.

We have baseball practice at 10 am in mullica hill first. Will head down right after practice is done. So far my daughter has practice on Sunday. Looking foward to it! Me & my son will be there ..
    Any changes will let you know.

mike
    SeaFox 256 CC 2012
    Yamaha F250 V6 UCA Offshore

Bryon I can probably happen to aquire a few boxes of bags if you need them. The boys and I should be there.

Head north on what road sorry I'm a little confused? What time is the clean up getting started?

Head north on what road sorry I'm a little confused? What time is the clean up getting started?
    sorry, head north on the parkway.

what time is best for everyone??? im thinking 11am????

Quote Originally Posted by striperaholic View Post
    Bryon I can probably happen to aquire a few boxes of bags if you need them. The boys and I should be there.
    rog, im hoping to hear back from the city this week. but im sure we could def. use extra bags... never hurt to have too many.

Ok I'll grab some. Also earlier would be nice but your da boss. LOL

rog. ide rather do it on the outgoing tide itll be easier to get to the stuff in the marsh.

i dont know what we can do for the kids as of now i havent recieved any thing to give to the best trash picker upper or anything but then again the kids should know the real reward is knowing they helped make a difference.

OK guys so heres the details

When: Saturday March 24th (rain day sunday)

Where: Somers point side of the old beeslys point bridge, drag channel area.

google map it if needed, but basically just drive south on rt. 9 from somers point and veer left around the barrier before it trys to put you onto the parkway drive down 200yards and youll hit the parking spot.

Time: 11am - ? ( figure 2-4hours? )

heres the facebook event page i made for it guys!

http://www.facebook.com/events/39379...3797423965999/

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bdubbs View Post
    would any barners here be interested in having a south jersey backbay cleanup one of these weekends???? was walking with my gf the other day by a fishing spot thats regularly used by weekend warriors and bait fisherman and all the trash they leave behind has been piling up there for years... just trying to feel out if this is a good idea? if anyone would be into doing this????? if we can get a handful of guys together maybe bring your kids and stuff we can fix up a few fishin spots and keep things clean.... might be able to get some combos donated to give away to the kids that round up the most trash???? whats everyone think????? just throwing the idea out there.

What is the point? The scumbags who dumped the trash will just dump more next week.

If you really want the area clean then the locals need to enforce the laws. Once you hit the scumbags in the wallet they will obey the laws.

The problem is cops are too lazy to do their jobs. They have plenty of time to set up speed traps, write parking tickets, underage drinking citations but don't care about trash.

Banned

Would love to help I cant understand why people ruin things post the dates and if i can help i will thanks

Obama supporters think it is the governments job to pick up after them. REdistribution of trash.

zach. the trash is probably 25% fisherman 75% River trash that floated down from up river. the problem is that if it isnt picked up there it will go straight into the ocean. we already have huge amounts of trash in the ocean not to mention japans tsunami trash thats now floating out there as well.

I'm officially in. My work shedule came out and I'm not on-call this weekend. There's always the slight chance that I get called, but I should be able to make it along with my two boys.
    Al Koz

i should be able to swing it. I'll bring the snaggers to clean up all those nasty bunker swimming around

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast