What Will Be The Fate Of Mystic Island? - Page 315
+ Reply to Thread
Page 315 of 316 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316 LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,725 of 4739
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What Will Be The Fate Of Mystic Island?

Here is the info I found out. When they title company ran a report they found a "cloud" on the title. It was from the 1960s. It is a tide land claim. Basically they are telling me that the state owns aproximately 16% of that lot. I have to apply for a grant and pay fair market value of that portion. I am surprised that not more of Mystic Island doesn't have this problem as it applies to any water that was filled in.

"The State of New Jersey claims ownership of these tidelands and holds them in trust for the people of the state. All tidelands are overseen by the Tidelands Resource Council, a board of twelve Governor-appointed volunteers, along with DEP staff at the Bureau of Tidelands Management.

Since tidelands are public lands, you must obtain written permission from the state and pay a fee in order to use these lands. Common uses of tidelands include docks, mooring piles, bulkheads and other fill materials. Some tidelands may be sold in the form of a Riparian Grant while others may only be rented through either a Tidelands License or Lease."

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Sound to me like you should be looking into a different lot/house my friend...

Quote Originally Posted by danno008 View Post
    Here is the info I found out. When they title company ran a report they found a "cloud" on the title. It was from the 1960s. It is a tide land claim. Basically they are telling me that the state owns aproximately 16% of that lot. I have to apply for a grant and pay fair market value of that portion. I am surprised that not more of Mystic Island doesn't have this problem as it applies to any water that was filled in........
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntFish12 View Post
    Sound to me like you should be looking into a different lot/house my friend...
    Agree. There are far too many lots and homes for sale in Mystic to get involved in something that's a mess before you even get involved.
    To my bitches - - - PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP!! --- Get used to it.

Proud to be an original member of the "Band of Useless Idiots"

5. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

I'd stay away from any of those streets over there. The lagoon ends are shoaled up. Dead low tide and strong West winds and you can forget about getting in/out.
    The Elevation is also lower over there. When there is a full moon and consistent N'oreast winds, they call me up and ask how high is the water on your bulkhead. I have boat customers on those blocks, Dory, N. Ensign.
    I live off Calabreeze, the group of streets on the left past Center St. I'd look for a house over there. I'm still on a slab and did not raise. We dont want to deal with steps and elevators. Had 14" of water during Sandy. And my lagoon is deep. Yup, I still worry about storms but even during the early 90's storms, the water never came up to the house. But yes, its Weather and anything can happen.
    Capt.Matt. USCG Licensed 2001 Maritime Skiff 20' Pioneer Pilot House 90 Honda
    96 Maritime 14 c/c 40hp Johnson
    Spectrum 14' tin w/86 25hp Rude
    and too many outboards

anyones pipes freezing up? I have hot tape on the main coming into the house but now the house is 10' in the air I'm having some freeze up issues, didn't freeze at all last year

Quote Originally Posted by muddy View Post
    anyones pipes freezing up? I have hot tape on the main coming into the house but now the house is 10' in the air I'm having some freeze up issues, didn't freeze at all last year
    We've had a house on OI for 23 years now. Been raised since we bought it. We also happen to have a maze work of pipes in our shed. What we did was heat tape the entire main coming from the ground up to the house. Then OVER the heat tape we carefully insulated. You need both. Don't be afraid to over do it on the heat tape. My buddy who had the same issue, built a small enclosure with insulation around his pipes. If your pipes are exposed to the elements, this may be the way to go.

I know that if your pipes are open to the elements the heat tape alone will not do it. You need the insulation as well.
    Captain Jay

Exactly what Big Jay explained needs to be done pipe insulation/box it in with hard insulation and if needed enclose with treated plywood if subject to damage.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog.If you can't eat it or hump it.
    Piss on it and walk away.

I had a problem the first winter before I got the sheet rock installed under the house. My pipe coming in is inside of my garage so no issues with that, plus it is insulated. I had to out heat trace and 2 layers of insulation on the pipes under the house before I got the floor closed in.
    Chris Miller
    1974 Mako 17 "Tiderunner"
    Mystic Islands, NJ (since 1970) &
    Tioga County, PA

I have the bottom enclosed just cement board no insulation. The main is heat wrapped and boxed in inside the garage. Strange I had cold water only on first floor, no hot. No water at all upstairs.,,I will keep the water set to a drip from now on. Looking into heating the basement at some point. I hate the idea of breaking open double 5/8 ceiling to insulate some of the pipes further

Take a look at how your drain lines run..mine are outside for the most part and I had a 3" lateral pipe that was pretty flat freeze solid during the polar vortex of 2014 when I was dripping water from one of my bathrooms. Do your pipes run in any of the exterior walls? I had an issue with some of mine as it was the side of the house the winter wind hits. I ended up heat tracing everything and when I enclosed it, I left it on with the plugs sticking out of the ceiling in case I need it again, which I have not since I enclosed, but I also insulted the floor, which gets noticeably cold in the winter compared to the floor over my garage.
    Chris Miller
    Tioga County, PA

I know everyone uses heat tape, but be careful with it. My nephew's girlfriends house just burnt to the ground due to a short in the tape. It ran on a pipe that entered the house near vinyl siding, and it shorted and set the siding on fire which in turn ignited the deck. The fire Deprt. said that was the hot spot they found.

Just an FYI.

They've updated the dredging project schedule and still seem to be on schedule. Keeping my fingers crossed.

1999 Hydra-Sport 20 Bay Sport

Here's the new proposed dredge map:

1999 Hydra-Sport 20 Bay Sport

Looking forward to the dredging !

typical incompetent government stuff..they should be dredging in late winter before all of the organisms are active and the marsh grass is growing and lots of people are around to enjoy the smell...
    Chris Miller
    Tioga County, PA

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.