Key Largo Fishing

Thread: Key Largo Fishing

Default Key Largo Fishing

I plan to spend a week in Key Largo during the middle of March. Will have a 17 foot cc and plan to fish the bay side. I like fluke fishing up here due to its relaxing type of fishing - Never fished there before and appreciate any tips on species to concentrate on, etc. Thanks for any comments and advice -
    Fifty Third Hundreth Generation Human Being

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    I plan to spend a week in Key Largo during the middle of March. Will have a 17 foot cc and plan to fish the bay side. I like fluke fishing up here due to its relaxing type of fishing - Never fished there before and appreciate any tips on species to concentrate on, etc. Thanks for any comments and advice -
    Can I go with you?

I have soooo had it with this cold weather. I love key Largo. If you've never been before, you'll love it.

Frank
    32' Wellcraft St. Trope

"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.."

Largo is beautiful. Pennycamp Ntl Park is great if you want to get wet.
    The snorkeling and diving are great. I've fished the more southern keys. No boat.
    Islamorada and Long Key. The backwaters in a canoe can be a blast.
    Have fun. Hope you never come back.

Moby,

Have a good time..do not limit yourself to the bay...hawk channel and the patch reefs on the ocean side are great places to fish also...do yourself a favor and start reading the forums on the florida sportsman magazine website. The adams waterway is an eacy way to get out to the ocean side. Pick up a top spot chart of the upper keys..they are really good and have a lot of good into..you can order one from bass pro shops. The bay is full of mangrove snappers, jacks, ladyfish, redfish, etc. I will be back down there at the end of march in Marathon..a little farther to the sw.....
    Chris Miller
    1990 Grady 23 Gulfstream "CTALES V"
    1974 Mako 17 "Tiderunner"
    Mystic Islands, NJ (since 1970)

I'm not sure but I will have some tips for big pine key soon. I'm more excited about fishing the keys then I am for NC bft's on the 48 CR

Big Pine is a long way from Key Largo...no need to run down there...you can catch all of the mangrove snappers you want right from the dock at the Caribean Club..I was watching them whacking away at a school of silversides when I stopped there in January on my way down to Marathon...
    Chris Miller
    1990 Grady 23 Gulfstream "CTALES V"
    1974 Mako 17 "Tiderunner"
    Mystic Islands, NJ (since 1970)