BASS BARN banner

No spot burning!!

135K views 222 replies 95 participants last post by  Cotton Cornell 
#1 ·
It's that time of the year again. I want to remind everyone of our "NO SPOT BURNING" policy.

Please do not post specific locations. If you feel the need to share specific locations, do so in private.

Oh yeh...also, please do not ask for "spots." Ten times out of ten topics like this turn into spot burns :(

If you see a "spot Burn" or anything else you feel requires our attention, please do not assume we're aware of it. Simply click on the Report Post icon
and report the post. We'll take care of the rest :)

Thank you!

See less See more
#89 · (Edited)
That says it all . My feeling on this is you love to fish and go out with buddies and family to have a good time. Obviously you want to catch fish. So maybe a members only website is the answer with minimum post requirements of both good and bad. If you do not meet the minimum requirement you lose privledges

Or just add a section of the site for this so all active members have a section to post valuable information to help all active banners find the fish that week.

Seems to make sense to help those who help you. That is what makes the world go around.

I woUld think this group are the ones that support the sponsors and buy the barn gear as well.

We all know the spots but location is what itnismall about

Maybe member fees would work

#90 ·
Very true a good network of seasoned fisherman is the way to go. The barn has grown big time from the start and a great site. Well run and great Spot to share info. Looking forward to another great season. Hope the drum fishing returns to what it was a couple years ago, bluefin arrive inshore nd fluke is as good as a few years ago as well

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL WITH ANOTHER SAFE YEAR

#93 ·
^^
Eelball, it was once suggested that I got paid by the word...:eek:

If that were possible, I would have had my own private island off Honduras by now....;)
And a fishing cabin in every country where Larry Dahlberg (Hunt for Big Fish) fishes.

I've always felt that when you blast someone, your posts doing that were much simpler and easier to understand than my long-winded ones...:eek:

Hat's off to you for being able to do that....:thumbsup:
I've been working on my diplomacy and shortening up my posts in the past few years.....well, one out of 2 ain't bad....:D

#109 ·
Really???? I mean REALLY??? I never saw one post from you about FISHING...Post a couple pics, Contribute something meaningful and stop acting like such an AZZHOLE...If you dont like the rules LEAVE.....

#113 ·
Last fall my friend refuses to tell another fisherman where his is catching, because he tell somebody else. So this guy begs him and begs him, so my friend gives in. We head to that spot on a tournament weekend and there is his friend on SOMEONE ELSE'S boat in that spot. We had move off to the side and they were catching and called in one of their buddies. My friend broke his stones on the radio and cell phone all day. It wasn't a JOKE to us.

#120 ·
None of these spots are any good at all, unless your buying your bait & tackle from me............................... Just saying!!! :D :razz:

This topic will never go away. As a shop, its my job to help put people on the fish. But, that's done privately by walking through the door, an email or a phone call. I am not one for supporting the theory that a person "owns" a spot. But, I do understand how much damage can be done if a post is read 1,000 times the night before every body is fishing. :)

#125 ·
None of these spots are any good at all, unless your buying your bait & tackle from me............................... Just saying!!! :D :razz:

This topic will never go away. As a shop, its my job to help put people on the fish. But, that's done privately by walking through the door, an email or a phone call. I am not one for supporting the theory that a person "owns" a spot. But, I do understand how much damage can be done if a post is read 1,000 times the night before every body is fishing. :)
Good stuff. I have an interesting twist on the spot Thing. I was cleaning fish one day at my marina. A guy docked a few slips from from me asked where I caught the fish? He was taking his grand kids out the next day. So I gave him a real specific location hoping the kids could catch some fish. Next day I was hanging out on my boat. He walks by with a fist full of rods, looks at me and says " we didnt catch sh!t! Thanks Pal. Looking at his rigs and rods I knew why they did not catch. I felt a little bad for the kids, not him.

#129 ·
I Thought this was just a normal fisherman's policy. Didn't know it had to be posted as a barn policy. Common sence...If you don't want to fish shoulder to shoulder the day after you catch then don't tell where you got it. simple. And i agree with BridgeKid on the land angler idea. I cant just jump in my boat and go use my fishfinder...SH** some of my spots have taken me and my dad years of fishing...trial and error. error and trial!!! You want to know where i caught at?Call me. Dont have my number?Then were not close enough for you to know my spots!!! haha Happy fishing everyone

#132 ·
That's not a real spot burner, it's a real butthole.

That being said, there are a lot of twisted truths shared in most all fishing reports

RyanF

#136 ·
#139 ·
Make sense to me but some of us are newer to the thing and just trying to figure it out. That includes certain etiquette and a "no such thing as a stupid question" philosophy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.