Stripers out of BI
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stripers out of BI

Default Stripers out of BI

What a way to finish off three days of striper action. Last weekend three of my buddies from out of town all met in Jersey to fish. I really wanted to get these guys on fish since two came over from Pittsburgh and one from Alabama. So I decided to book a charter with Capt Joe of Sykk Physh Sportfishing and the four of us caught 20+ bass on Saturday. That was followed by great sushi and beer at Kelly's Tavern....yep, an Irish bar with great sushi. If you haven't been there, GO! All the food is great.

Sunday we woke up only to see a small craft advisory so back to bed. Well, weatherman got it wrong so out we went on my boat for the afternoon bite. Seas were all of 3-4' and it was slow finding life for a while. We finally found the fish and got 4 nice fatties in the box in minutes and lost two others when we decided to head back due to Justin getting violently seasick.

I mean kneeling on the deck, arms and head wrapped over the gunnels, dry-heaving, and praying..."Aaaaaaawwww Gaaawd!!" THAT kind of seasick. Poor guy.

On Monday Justin and Josh decided to head back to Pittsburgh rather than risk another bad day for Justin. Cody and I were running solo, and we almost decided to stay in and play Call of Duty all day. I told him that he was there to fish so we went back out for the PM bite.

Two words.....RIGHT CALL!!! To make a long story short, it started slow until we found the birds. Then it was game on. Thousands of diving birds feeding on huge bunker right next to the boat. Every other cast was fish-on. It was cast, fight a fish, land it solo since the other guy was buttoned up also, and then fire up the boat to get back on the fast moving bait. Swim shad, crippled herring jigs, sand eel jigs, top-water poppers.....they hit everything! We boxed our keepers and played C&R on over 30+ big bass and a 10lb bluefish until we decided to leave them still biting so we were not running through the inlet is complete blackness.

Can't wait to get out again. We have our first baby, a little girl, due in three weeks. Hopefully the bass won't be gone before my wife lets me out of the barn again!

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Default Nice

Great to fish with long time buddies and even better when you catch. Congrats on the 3 days. Good luck with the new born.
    weekend warrior until I retire

SRF

Westernhunter

Nice report. Your right up the street from me Glad to see you had a great trip.

Congrats on your new addition to the family in 3 weeks. Having a little girl is amazing, she will melt your heart
    SRFtactics >)}}}">

SRF,

Thanks! I am looking forward to the new life with a little girl. I am sure she will have me wrapped around her finger.

Where do you fish out of? I have the boat on a trailer for now to chase the bite and I also have a slip in SIC lined up for the summer. I am new to the NJ fishing scene and will be looking for folks to fish with and to learn from. My boat is a fully rigged Triton 2690 CC. Let me know if you are interested...we can meet for a beer some night after work and talk fishing!

I am done fishing until the baby gets here, and then I will see when I get the "kitchen pass" again to get on the water.

WHunter,

Congrats on a great day out of BI but even more so on the upcoming addition of your baby girl. Mine has me wrapped around her finger for the past 20 1/2 years and it will always be thus. Wait til you get her out fishing, took mine @ 3 hrs old and she has been fishing with me ever since.

PRICELESS!
    The New & Improved Professor
    2301 Striper WA
    2012 250 HP ETEC
    Garmin 5212 Chartplotter
    Garmin 24 HD Radar
    Garmin GSD 260 Transducer
    Forked River, NJ

Quote Originally Posted by prumsey View Post
    WHunter,

Congrats on a great day out of BI but even more so on the upcoming addition of your baby girl. Mine has me wrapped around her finger for the past 20 1/2 years and it will always be thus. Wait til you get her out fishing, took mine @ 3 hrs old and she has been fishing with me ever since.

PRICELESS!
    That should've read 3 yrs old, I'm crazy, just not insane:BTW, I live right down the road in Glen Mills and fish out of BI/Forked River. Will be down fishing all weekend, call sign, "The Professor" Maybe I'll see you out there this weekend!
    2301 Striper WA
    2012 250 HP ETEC
    Garmin 5212 Chartplotter
    Garmin 24 HD Radar
    Forked River, NJ

SRF

Westernhunter

Check your e-mail.
    SRFtactics >)}}}">

Nice work - pm bite with no fleet.
    Im in Boothwyn and fish BI for striper and SJ-DE for other species. Upside to trailering except for the damn gas prices.
    Congrats on your daughter mine is due in Sept and have to write off fall bass I guess.

Dave
    ><((((>

Quote Originally Posted by SRF View Post
    Westernhunter

Check your e-mail.
    SRF,

Couldn't respond to your PM, responded via link on bass barn.
    2301 Striper WA
    2012 250 HP ETEC
    Garmin 5212 Chartplotter
    Garmin 24 HD Radar
    Forked River, NJ

SRF

Westernhunter and prumsey,

Here is my e-mail address. srftactics4@verizon.net.
    Shoot me an email and maybe we can meet up at Balboa's one night.
    SRFtactics >)}}}">

Default Way to go Doc

I see it did not take you long to figure out where to fish for the striped ones. I am the guy who took you out on your maiden voyage last year when we had a problem at the boat ramp. It looks like the boat is working out OK....If you need someone to go out with during the week, just let me know...I just put my Contender under contract. Seas the Day! Ken from OC
    Ken
    25' Contender
    Name of Boat=RE/LAX Agent

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.