heading to LBI saturday
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: heading to LBI saturday

Default heading to LBI saturday

I'm going to trailer boat up to LBI on sat. anyone else going and any tips for up there would be good. New area to me, Just want to change things up for a day. Thanks in advance for any info/help

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Lauch at the boat ramp on 10th street in BL and your bout a mile from the inlet, stay in the channel, ull be fine.
    Misguided
    21' Boston Whaler Outrage

good luck to you striperaholic- Im the guy you used to run into in the back bays....I used to yak those flat bridge structures like crazy, so many blues and bass over the years I lost count.....my son and I..what a blast it was....have switched to corsons for my sunset yakin ever since the construction started....

go get em!
    Saint Stephen will remain....all he's lost he shall regain.......LETS GO TEMPLE

You may want to go back for a reunion. Its not bad now and getting better.

If you have a smaller boat, keep an eye on the tide. When it rips out BI can get a little sporty especially against the E or SE wind/swell. Keep tight to the N jetty and turn left right after the rocks....

Thanks apreciate that. I'll be in a 24' angler should be ok.

If you go out BI be aware the North Jetty has a portion that can be submerged at high tide. It's pretty obvious but people still manage to tear up their boats by turning too soon.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    Thomas Jefferson

The Federal Reserve is no more "Federal" than Federal Express

“Stupidity has a certain charm, ignorance does not”
    Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by LBI-Waterman View Post
    If you have a smaller boat, keep an eye on the tide. When it rips out BI can get a little sporty especially against the E or SE wind/swell. Keep tight to the N jetty and turn left right after the rocks....
    You may want to note the fact that the last 200 yards of the North Jetty is submerged and does not end until the monument on the rocks at the tip. Have seen plenty of clowns run over the rocks in my day.

You can turn due north once around the north monument and that will keep you inside of any shoals in big swell. To the NE of the channel outside the inlet are shoals that will break on big swells but hugging the monument keeps you in the deep. However, DO NOT turn due south at BI!!!! If you plan on fishing south head out about 1 mile past the south jetty and then head south slowly working your way back to shore. There is an old submerged south jetty that remains from after the new south jetty was done about 20 years ago - new to me at least b/c I grew up with the old one there. On big swell it breaks a mile out to sea on those shoals.

Where are you coming from you might be better of launching in Waretown or Barnegat then a straight shot across the bay instead of driving out to bl and dealing with the traffic and traffic lights
    1977 20' Shamrock Cuddy O'F.I.S.H.
    IF ITS NASTY I'M GOING FISHING
    PROUD TO BE NRA LIFE MEMBER
    PROUD LIFE MEMBER OF UBNJ

Comeing up from ocean city

Get an early start other wise LBI becomes zoo.Barngate might not be a bad idea.Good luck !!!!

Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. I would suggest a very very very early start BL - LBI is going to b a zoo. Getting over the bridge will b backed up for miles as the morning goes on.

Agree, after this weekend, we never go out after 10am, cant even cross route 72.

True, I forgot lights are on and speed was lowered... good luck...tight lines...
    Misguided
    21' Boston Whaler Outrage

If you don't wan't to deal with island traffic then you could go to Waretown. I launch out of South Harbor Marine $10 and it is about 4 miles right across the bay to the inlet. You would take Oyster creek channel across the bay and most plotters have this on there. 24' boat will be fine in the inlet just like said above watch for the submerged portion of the north jetty and there is shoals off the south jetty so stay in the channel for a good half mile before running south. Good luck out there.
    Don't Panic
    1975 Mako 20 2009 Suzuki DF 140

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.