Berkley Gulp (Blood Worm)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Berkley Gulp (Blood Worm)

Question

Anybody have any success with the berkley gulp blood worms? IM sure that nothing works better than a real worm but I saw them at Dicks Sporting goods the other day and figured why not and try them.
    X Chief (48)

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

I don't have any experience with the bloods but the Sand Worms used to work really well.

picked up 4 packs today sand worm(bloody flavor). going to give them a shot this week scince most bait shops arent getting any worms till friday.

Philadelphia, Huntingdon County PA,Sea Isle City

I will let you know after this weekend.

TRY FISHBITES IN BLOODWORM THEY WORK WHEN FISH ARE HERE

I think the gulps and fishbites work just as good as the real thing. Gulps have more life like action and look. Fishbites are easier to care for and store.

just read the package i know the fishbite blood worms work better than the gulp for a fact but some of them are ineffective in water temps under 65 degrees. Fish bite does make cold water artificial baits but i'm not certain they have the blood worm scent yet.

2004 Sailfish 234 2004 200 Yamaha HPDI
    1978 14' Mirrocraft 2000 15 Johnson

I use the sandworm model all the time for fluke. This past yr w/ the weakfish coming back I used the same worms for them and have in the past w/ great results. I use a nightcrawler harness on the worms. They are not stainless but they don't last long anyway. Pick up the 3 hook design and hook the worm at different points down its lenght, you can prevent shortstrikes quickly.
    Tom
    You can observe a lot by just watching.
    - Yogi Berra

I feel The Berkley Gulp Blood worm and Sandworms work great. I got Kingfish and Croakers with them at Island Beach this past year and in NWW as well.

GSBB

"Travel is fatal to biogotry, prejudice, and narrow-mindedness." Mark Twain

"The smartest ones usually are in the minority." Krazy8

The GULP definately works, do not confuse the Gupl Baits with Power Baits. They even just came out with a clam in 2", 3" and 4". I've got them all in stock and there is a really worthwhile rebate that will get you $5 back for every $10 you spend.

For you die hard live bait guys I do have plenty of live bloodworms in stock and I just got a load of fresh surf clams. I'll be open every day from 7 am to 5 pm.

Open for the 2013 Season, Fisherman's Hours
    Live SPOT now in stock, Booking Back Bay Live Lining Trips

Eels, Bloodworms, Surf Clams, Minnows
    Join Guatemala Dave to discover the worlds best Sailfishing www.facebook.com/parlamasportfishing

Absecon Bay Sportsman Center 609-484-0409,

Originally posted by LOST A ROD:
    TRY FISHBITES IN BLOODWORM THEY WORK WHEN FISH ARE HERE
    MAKE sure that they are for cold water most fish bites are for water temps at 65 and over!!
    The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary!!!!!!

A Liberal is the east end of a west bound Horse!!!!

Originally posted by Guatemala Dave:
    The GULP definately works, do not confuse the Gupl Baits with Power Baits. They even just came out with a clam in 2", 3" and 4". I've got them all in stock and there is a really worthwhile rebate that will get you $5 back for every $10 you spend.

For you die hard live bait guys I do have plenty of live bloodworms in stock and I just got a load of fresh surf clams. I'll be open every day from 7 am to 5 pm.
    Dave it was nice meeting you and your partner today.

You have the most impressive Gulp selection I have ever seen. I was shocked to see the clams and sand fleas in gulp form as well.
    The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary!!!!!!

A Liberal is the east end of a west bound Horse!!!!

Hope it works, its what ill be using this saturday. i know all other berkely products work. The bloodworms should work good for the stripers and flounder this spring.
    Team Reel Deal: Reel fish...Reel Big!

Proud mate of the North Star fishing fleet

Gulp bloodworms did great for flounder last year and we will expand our use to other species this year. So far only think Gulp is effective for bottom fishing, not stripers. Any other opinions out there?

Gulp bloodworms, used them last year as an experiment off the beach. Set up the worms on a high low rig and left it out there what felt like all day, nothing. I'll be trying the fish bites this year.
    Scout 210 Sportfish - Honda 150
    The "HOOK -N-
    Ladder
    "

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast