BASS BARN banner

Conservation Officers were at the Barnegate ramp today 11/28

9K views 45 replies 26 participants last post by  Barnegat Light Mike 
#1 ·
They were checking boats for size violations. They inspected our boat and catch. We were informed that they had already issued four violations for under sized fish over the three mile line. The violators were issued State and Federal charges. :eek:

#41 ·
At last MARINE COUNCIL meeting Conservation officer reported 3 captures with excess taugog and undersize bass
Problem is NJ doesn't have enough Marine conservation officers and the ****** eyed fishermen know this and have the odds on their side

#42 ·
NJ F&W Enforcement Hotline is 609-748-2050. Call and report what you see. I did and they responded. The bad guy got fined.
Operation Game Thief 855-OGT-TIPS is another way to let the COs know so they can get the violators.
Also use the Warn DEP hotline 877-927-6337 and tell them what you see. Bitching on here won't help. Tips to enforcement will.

#43 ·
Conservation is fine but the idea that the 3mile line somehow aids in saving a majority of fish is Nonsense. Like some have said Much more poaching happens off jetty or Bridge. All it does is allow Politicians to Push Commercials out of the fishery through some loophole. You should be able to keep fish and possess fish beyond 3miles. senseless and Coast Guard managing what should be handled by State fish and Game waste of tax money.

#44 ·
It really gets my goat when I see immigrants having zero regard for the law. Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Ruiz y Picaso and 50 others were caught harvesting 8 inch stripers off a bridge in the middle of the night.

They dont give a s*it about law abiders, and neither should we about them. OUTTA HERE!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.