BASS BARN banner

12/8 Report

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  phish4fun 
#1 ·
Decided to finally take my boat out for 1 last shot at stripers from Cape May-hadnt fished on he rsince i moved back down to cape may from sea isle in september.

Headed east from Cape may to the 3 mile line then N to Peacock with nary a bird bait or mark-I stopped and trolled up the lumps on the line then s inside the lumps towards hereford-had a couple small scratches but nothing great and we were pulling boat anyway so pulled them in and ran inside ww lump saw nothing remotely promising so continued to ramp and pulled her.

Ther bottom ugly and grass along midships that never had before but thats to be expected with the little use-I took 1 boat ride around cape may and in canal and 1 ride out the inlet since september!

Next year pulling when flounder season done and will wait and put back in if stripers make their way south or delaware bay-Other than that fish with Fin advisor or Tunalingous. Should have just kept boat up in sea isle but Finsy got his new southport to I headed back south in hopes of a chunking bite

#2 ·
There haven't been very many fish around this year in the CM area.I've been getting out a few times a week and the fish have been few and far between.We got out yesterday and did manage to get a couple of fish.Most have been to the north and out at the 3 mile line.If you were out yesterday ,you earned them.It started out calm but there 5 footers rolling through by the end of the day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.