BASS BARN banner

Saturday Roll Call

3K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  fmTuna 
#1 ·
Extra set of long johns.... extra thermos of hot green tea. Leaving the dock at 8 out of GE. Gimme a chilly shout if ur out.

Reactions: familyguy6007
#4 ·
The bite up my way has been an early morning bite. The Weather App is showing 27 degrees with 12 mph winds at 7AM in Barnegat Light -- that's a wind chill of 16 degrees. I think I'll sleep in and head out Sunday. For all those heading out Saturday -- stay warm if you can!

#7 ·
I'm in a center console... so 27 degrees or 32 degrees at 25 mph is still just cold.... with or without the wind.....

Hopefully it will be a short, productive trip....

#10 ·
Copy dat.... probably push about 2.5 straight out and then go on the prowl.... get up in that bucket with those glasses and take a good look around!

#18 ·
Turned out to be a pretty good strategy. Was not any kind of mayhem but we brought home some meat.

Scoop apparently was there was a short very first light bite which I was not leaving the dock at 5am for in that chill. Once we got out there there was a slow pick but honestly most of the fleet was over the line by a bit, which I guess is why the coasties were in the area on Sunday.

We connected about a mile inside on snag and drop, but that was pretty labor intensive since the wind had us 100yds off the school in a minute after snagging.

Hoping to stay in for a couple more weeks and get a few more shots but it sure is getting lonely back on the canal... most guys are already gone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.