BASS BARN banner

How long r u staying in the water?

5K views 28 replies 26 participants last post by  Vitalsigns 
#1 ·
I'm running out of Cape May. Last year stayed in until Jan. 14.
Not sure I am going to make it that long this year.

#5 ·
Both are out as of 4 days ago and both covered as of yesterday. Too many irons in the fire right now so to speak and next time I would be able to use them would be after the new year. And who knows what the weather will hold by then. Plus winterizing them in cold weather sucks and is for the birds.
Game over for me. Plus now I get to make my fix it list in preparation for the upcoming season. Won't be long now boys ! :D
Already pulled the leaning post on the one.

#14 ·
After today, highs in the 40s almost every day through the end of the year, with not many lows below freezing.

Not over yet! Just gotta hope we get some windows.

Reactions: mtown85jb
#19 ·
I pulled both boats this past weekend. It gets too much to worry about when it starts getting this cold. But I did do a tog charter on Wed, and just inside the legal line off AC we saw birds galore with not a single boat around. Captain didn't seem too interested.

#23 · (Edited)
My friend pulled his boat, (Knot At Work) last Sunday 12-11. We went out that day and caught 4 keeper stripers for 4 of us. We called in other boats to where we were catching, and they also caught a few fish. We go out of Manasquan, and we fished on the line that day in 70 feet of water.
He keeps his boat behind his house in Lake Louise. I believe that that lake is fed by an underground freshwater spring. That would make the water brackish and more likely to freeze. When we left his dock one of the engines was not "pissing'. We had to wait until it finally thawed and started working correctly.
Is there anything that could be done to not have this problem in the future?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.