BASS BARN banner

Tuesday 12/20 Cape May

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Jersey Jim 
#1 ·
Snotty conditions and dirty water. A few marks south of the Wildwood Ferris wheel.
Called it after two hours of non-stop chop. I think I'm done for this year.

#3 · (Edited)
I came out to play for a while and I may have been running just off your port side near wildwood crest for a while. Stopped for a while to see what it would be like at trolling speed and decided it was too bumpy for me, and didn't want to take a chance on getting spray with the cold air temps. I'm kind of old and wimpy. Never even put the lines in. Hopefully another chance to look for stripers or maybe some tog if the weather cooperates.

Reactions: fishanuk
#4 ·
Snotty conditions and dirty water. A few marks south of the Wildwood Ferris wheel.
Called it after two hours of non-stop chop. I think I'm done for this year.
I came out to play for a while and I may have been running just off your port side near wildwood crest for a while. Stopped for a while to see what it would be like at trolling speed and decided it was too bumpy for me, and didn't want to take a chance on getting spray with the cold air temps. I'm kind of old and wimpy. Never even put the lines in. Hopefully another chance to look for stripers or maybe some tog if the weather cooperates.
Looking at "Seas less than 1 ft." for Friday on NWS forecast. That's seems pretty funny to me. I'm going to have to give it another shot. Maybe tomorrow, too. Thanks for the report. I'll do the same if I find anything off Brigantine or SI lumps.

#6 ·
I had the same on Wed. trolling up as far as Wildwood from Cape May. Trolled a couple of dual Mojo's in 40ish feet of water with no bites. Called it around 2:30. Ran out to the CM reef the day before for some toggin (Tue 20th), and you're right it WAS snotty for sure with 4-5 footers. Luckily not a short wave period. Wednesday's inlet water temp was 40F, but 43 out front Tuesday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.