BASS BARN banner

Your personal best ??

11K views 62 replies 47 participants last post by  huffy1476 
#1 · (Edited)
Thanks for the kind words. Time to move forward

#59 ·
Bucktail Willie. Did you ever fish with George on the Cape May Rips at night in late May or early June when the big stripers showed up. It was one of my some of my favorite times of the year to striper fish with eels on the Rips at night. I can remember many weekday nights when it was just George, myself and two or three other boats. I used to go over to the rips after Black Drum fishing sometimes in the middle of the night and target the jumbo stripers and what great memories.

#61 ·
NO , George Gilbert originally from Tuckerton, spent many hours on his boat and a few minutes out of it :eek:when I got thrown out of it in the rips.We both had fish on ,I went over in rough water lost fish and rod, George hollered to me to "keep head above water and he will get me as soon as he landed his fish" :thumbsup: He landed it and obviously picked me up:D Both of us soaked so we headed back in and went to store where there were washers and driers ... Took off our clothes and had nothing but rain gear on went in and put our wet clothes in drier
Once dry we went back out but by now the wind was pushing 50 instead of 35 and we made one drift and headed back in.... True story Spent many many hours with him
His last boat which I think he still has was named SHADOW

#62 ·
48" striper caught off of the old toll bridge between Ocean city and Somers point never weighted released, 15lb weakie from jetty CMP 10 lb flounder from same jetty all back in the mid 70's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.