BASS BARN banner

Your personal best ??

11K views 62 replies 47 participants last post by  huffy1476 
#1 · (Edited)
Thanks for the kind words. Time to move forward

#2 ·
My personal best is much smaller, at least the one I landed, 20lb class.

I did hook a 30+ (how much more I'll never know) from shore during one of my early years striper fishing.

Didn't know how to play the fish and lost it in the first wave. yeah, yeah... so I say :D

NICE FISH and CONGRATS!

that's a heck of a day and you were right, it doesn't get much better!

#9 ·
Thanks man
The boys been fishing with me since he could hold a rod. He turned 21 in Oct. and since he discovered pu$$ in high school fishing has taken a back seat for him. Can't blame him for that :D
I savor every moment I now get to spend with him and on the water with him.
Great stuff right there. He’ll be back about a year after he is married :D

Reactions: C Phase
#4 ·
Personally, my most memorable fish are the ones that I land on the rocks. I don't catch a lot of large fish, 18 to 20 lbs tops I would think. The fish is not yours until you have it in your hand and your heart doesn't get really pumping until it's time to drag it on a wave to the pre determined hopefull location, there to be lipped hopefully before the next wave arrives. When I land a decent fish on the rocks, it is very rewarding. Personally speaking, those are the best for me.

#7 ·
I would say I have 5 over 50, 3 of which I caught when I was in my teens early 20's when I commercially fished for them on rod and reel. The last 2 have been here in NJ one in the white water on a bunker chunk in 03 which was a shade under 51. Here is on from this spring on a spoon which snapped my tsnaumi wire rod at the reel seat. Must have well over a dozen in the 40's Ryan Schram was on the rod

Attachments

#12 ·
Had a bunch from 40" to 44", all from the surf or the AC jetties. My biggest at 44" was on the AC jetties years ago. Got it on a light rod with 10lb fire line, 1/4 oz jig and a finesse. We were looking for weakies in the middle of August but had Bass blowing up all over the jetties that night. I really miss fishing those jetties. Had many incredible nights with Bass and Tiderunners, and had a couple giants i was never able to stop.

#16 ·
Our son got his personal best this year during his Thanksgiving break home from college. Got out there after work and stayed only about an hour and a half.

42 Lbs.....

Got the lines set back out and I smashed a 36 pounder.
We looked at each other and said it doesn't get much better and headed for the barn.

.Nice fish :thumbsup: you don't look 5'2" 260 in that pic???:huh:........

#20 ·
I think my biggest striper was years ago. 44 inches, I don't remember the weight. Got it at the Horseshoe.

WE all limited out that day and released just as many, the good old days.

#22 ·
Personal best, all from land, was this upper 30s from the Delaware River. Didn't measure anything on her. Quick pic and release. Personal best from the sand was a 33lber caught in Brig about 5yrs ago. Fish Fishing Northern pike Fish Bass
Most satisfying was winning the 1st bounty in Brig back in 2009 with a 43in 26.5lb fish that netted a cool $890.00

#29 ·
This fish I caught and taped out just over 40"

This fish my father caught and was the last fish of that trip. Taped out at 44"

Both were caught on bunker spoons the Monday after Thanksgiving this past year (2016).

Never had a chance to weigh these fish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.