BASS BARN banner

Virginia Beach Striper Fishing reports??

3K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  3rd Child 
#1 ·
Anyone have a good website to view for Virginia Beach striper fishing? Used to be fun to watch the reports on VA fishing center website as they gave daily reports of the action. Just checked and there is nothing on there anymore. I know the fishing has been tough down there for the last few years but it was always nice to see when the fishing slowed that you knew the fish were headed back north to spawn

#4 ·
There doesn't appear to be any fish down that way. I follow all those Southern Reports and guys fishing way off for togs around the CLT aren't even seeing them. Which means the over wintering stock of fish has not been going as far South as they used to. I bet the Chinco and MD guys are seeing them but nobody is saying squat about it.

#6 · (Edited)
There are several biomassesof stripers,the large biomass that used to come to the Delaware Bay in October and November is the same one that they used to fish in Virginia Beach and all the way down to Oregon inlet,but unfortunately that biomass is gone.. those large schools that used to stay in shore have been wiped out.. The last few years I kept waiting for the bass to show up in the Delaware bay but I finally smartened up and realized that their gone. It is disappointing but it's a reality,, I still had a successful fall but it was a real chore to put a catch together. I personally think it's going to get worse before it gets better.

#8 ·
Going back a number of years now we used to target stripers on Lookout Shoals off Morehead City, NC in late December. Probably the ultimate fishing trip as we would fish for Giant Bluefin Tuna in the early am and then stop along the Shoals and throw bucktails into the white water and catch stripers which were mostly all over 20 lbs. On some days I do believe the giants were in tight to the shoals feeding on stripers. To the best of my knowledge those days are a distant thing of the past down off MHC. At least I can say I was around when fishing LEGALLY off South Jersey and Carolina was at it heyday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.