Penn Reels, Perti Plumbing & HVAC, The Sporting
Gentleman, JCS Electric, Donald J Clark Home
Improvements, Tom Palmer Health & Wellness
and O’Keefe Electric
more info, photos & online registration
www.DRST.org

See less See more
#3 ·
Family Guy The regs in place at the time of the tournament are the ones to follow. You can fish PA with the NJ license sine they are reciprocating states.You need to read the regs fro NJ, I don't think you can target Stripers in NJ this time of the year, but read up. There will be representatives from each state at the captains meeting going over the rules. hope to see you there.

#5 ·
It is confusing but the event is a slot fish tournament;2 fish at 21-25 or 26",in edible condition,the director wasn't sure of this years Pa. regs.There is a big fish calcutta and this is how it works.They give you a ruler and when you get the big one, you lay it on deck next to the ruler and take a picture and email it in.I'm from Nj with a NJ license and I sure don't want to get a fine for possessing illegal fish either.

#7 · (Edited)
I don’t understand why this tournament has gone this route. For the first couple of years, the tournament was held on the last weekend in March. This allowed anglers to keep stripers in Delaware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania, and the largest fish won. I do understand moving the tournament so it doesn’t coincide with the opening of trout season in Pennsylvania. However, now people are being forced to buy a PA fishing license and only Pennsylvania waters can be fished for the slot portion of the tournament. I do understand that anglers can fish NJ, DE, and PA waters for the Calcutta portion of the tournament. I feel that it would be better to return to the old way the tournament was run.That way, no one is forced to buy a PA fishing license. Another option is to run the entire tournament as a Calcutta.That way, all three states waters can be fished. Instead of keeping all the fish, which I understand people do complain about, a photograph can be taken with fish against a measuring tape or stick and the longest fish wins. This way, no one can complain about fish being killed just for the tournament.

There is also a soccer game at the stadium in Chester, as there almost always is this time of year, so the boat ramp there will be inaccessible. This will force anglers to launch at the Ridley marina, therefore incurring an additional $15 charge. This tournament raises money for families in need and that is a great thing but I think there would be more participation and more money would be generated if changes were made

#10 ·
I don?t understand why this tournament has gone this route. For the first couple of years, the tournament was held on the last weekend in March. This allowed anglers to keep stripers in Delaware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania, and the largest fish won. I do understand moving the tournament so it doesn?t coincide with the opening of trout season in Pennsylvania. However, now people are being forced to buy a PA fishing license and only Pennsylvania waters can be fished for the slot portion of the tournament. I do understand that anglers can fish NJ, DE, and PA waters for the Calcutta portion of the tournament. I feel that it would be better to return to the old way the tournament was run.That way, no one is forced to buy a PA fishing license. Another option is to run the entire tournament as a Calcutta.That way, all three states waters can be fished. Instead of keeping all the fish, which I understand people do complain about, a photograph can be taken with fish against a measuring tape or stick and the longest fish wins. This way, no one can complain about fish being killed just for the tournament.

There is also a soccer game at the stadium in Chester, as there almost always is this time of year, so the boat ramp there will be inaccessible. This will force anglers to launch at the Ridley marina, therefore incurring an additional $15 charge. This tournament raises money for families in need and that is a great thing but I think there would be more participation and more money would be generated if changes wermade

soccer game isn't until 7pm

End of March can be too early for big fish. Shouldn't be keeping the large fish at anytime in my opinion.

What is needed is uniform regs between the 3 states. Keeping a few slots doesn't hurt and taking time stamped picts of the large fish is way to go. Later is better for bigger and more numbers in general.

#9 ·
The wardens will be the capt. meeting the night before the tourny, ask them all the legal questions. Last year I was told to bring a PA slot fish in you must have a PA license even though PA and NJ license are reciprocal you must have a PA licence to follow PA regs.
May have changed this year...

#12 ·
If they really want more participation they need to allow online registration without attending the captain's meeting. I can't take the time to attend. Have reps at the ramps with rulers and sell bait. Try to pick a non soccer day, but I have fished several days with games and not had problems...need to be at weigh in by 3pm anyway. Or they make a deal with the guy who owns the lot. They can't stop you from parking in the ramp area. Don't want to buy a PA license then just fish the Calcutta. Easter also can play havoc.

#13 ·
Captain must attend the meeting in all tournaments I have participated in. I'm sure there are exceptions. With the complexity of three states the rules need to reviewed and even then some don't abide or just don't care. You can register online. As far as the bait goes we tried to coordinate that but to no avail it turned out to be unreliable. Last thing you want is to get there in the morning and no bait.Hope this helps and look forward to seeing you at the tournament.

#17 ·
Any update?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.