Captain Tom Henry of the famous Charter Boat "Waterdog" Dies in freak accident!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Captain Tom Henry of the famous Charter Boat "Waterdog" Dies in freak accident!!

Default Captain Tom Henry of the famous Charter Boat "Waterdog" Dies in freak accident!!

The man lost his life today when his widow made the decision to take him off life support in the Jupiter Fl. area. I believe he was in St Mary's. The man suffered a tragic fall from the Bridge of his boat the "Waterdog" coming in Jupiter Inlet...which is considered a very hard inlet to navigate...Tom's experience from what I have heard speaks for itself...Just goes to show you that nothing should ever be considered easy when it comes to the navigation of a vessel at any point in a voyage. He was considered by his peers one of the finest Captains on the east coast and a very well respected man by his friends and acquaintances!!! What a shame this is....My heart goes out to his Widow, family and friends!!!

Head Hunter Sport Fishing
    Sailing out of Manasquan and Oregon Inlet
    52 Custom Downeast "one of a kind" Sportfish
    Specializing in Multi Day Long Range Tuna Fishing

Call 732-539-7403 for reservations!
    www.headhuntersportfishing.drupalgardens.com

Meet my son and First Grand Child..... Kaylee Ann Gozzo "the best thing that ever happened to me"

"​Team Yellowfin"

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Terrible...saw the photos of him falling off the the bridge, then the boat rolled...when it happens...its in a split second...terrible!

MF

Unhappy

Could up load photos.... but whats the point? not pretty and terrible....

MF

Quote Originally Posted by manhattan fly View Post
    Terrible...saw the photos of him falling off the the bridge, then the boat rolled...when it happens...its in a split second...terrible!

MF
    DITTO-DITTO-PRAYERS go out-BE SAFE my friends!!

IKAT

Twenty years from now you will be more disppointed by the things that you didnít do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by manhattan fly View Post
    Could up load photos.... but whats the point? not pretty and terrible....

MF
    YEA skip it Chris

IKAT

Twenty years from now you will be more disppointed by the things that you didnít do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    - Mark Twain

Yes Chris I purposely left that out.....It is a shame how those pics have been floating around the news....They show the man falling and hitting things on the way down. Just not right for an incident like this to be exploited by news cameras....It shows no respect to the poor man and his family!!!!

Meet my son and First Grand Child..... Kaylee Ann Gozzo "the best thing that ever happened to me"

"​Team Yellowfin"

Our prayers to the family.
    Wellcraft 240W/A Tournament

Prayers to his family....

MF

Default A story about Tom helping us out a few years ago

Maybe this is a fitting time to share a story about Capt Tom. One of my long time friends called the other day and asked me if I had seen those horrible pictures and I told him I had. He told me that was the same Capt Tom that helped us out when the Waterdog was parked next to us down in Virginia a few years back when we were on our way to Morehead City, NC. We had developed a pin hole in one of our risers and he had some epoxy on board the Waterdog that could temporarily fix the problem until we could get it welded. Tom went out of his way to help us and he truly was a Good Samaritan and a special person that would help out total strangers when they were in need.
    We are so saddened to hear of his accident and passing and god bless Tom and his family.
    55 Ft. Hooked Up II

One of the Largest, Newest & Fastest Deluxe Charter Boats on the entire East Coast with heat & AC in the salon and forward berths.

To contact us via email, type: cavemansportfishing@comcast.net in your email client!

Cell (609) 425-1970

God bless the family and friends, tuff decision the lady had to make.....

Capt. Don
    26' Regulator
    Point PLeasant, NJ

Very sad to read this. I heard about this the other day from my Uncle. He told me the story and let me know that my other Uncle was very good friends with him and keeps his boat next to the Waterdog. My heart goes out to all of the family and friends.
    2390 Hydrasport Vector

Quote Originally Posted by Captain's John & Diana View Post
    Maybe this is a fitting time to share a story about Capt Tom. One of my long time friends called the other day and asked me if I had seen those horrible pictures and I told him I had. He told me that was the same Capt Tom that helped us out when the Waterdog was parked next to us down in Virginia a few years back when we were on our way to Morehead City, NC. We had developed a pin hole in one of our risers and he had some epoxy on board the Waterdog that could temporarily fix the problem until we could get it welded. Tom went out of his way to help us and he truly was a Good Samaritan and a special person that would help out total strangers when they were in need.
    We are so saddened to hear of his accident and passing and god bless Tom and his family.
    This is one of many many stories that have been told or experienced by people when coming in contact with Tom Henry....I had an Uncle like Tom who passed young at the age of 59......over 6000 people came to pay their respects to my Uncle and his family, and I bet there will be many at Mr Henry's services....who knows why people of such good nature are taken from this earth at such young ages.....One day maybe we all will find out....Mr Henry RIP my friend!!!
    Last edited by Hooligan; 09-07-2010 at 12:56 PM.

"​Team Yellowfin"

Very Sad indeed

"My work is done, Why wait"

Tom was a great guy and will be missed by the fishing community. I had the pleasure of meeting him at Marsh Harbour in the Bahamas a few years ago when we were tied up next to each other for a week. This is prime example of how accidents can happen to the best no matter how much experience you have on the wheel. Rest in peace Tom.

Been a long time since I have seen him, - very sad, Capt Tom, was world class, I watched him win just about everything out there to win.
    Rest in Peace Tommy, my prayers go out to your family & friends

Captn Joe
    Contact Captn Joe for your Boat Insurance &
    Commercial Insurance
    Joe Sullivan -Marine Underwriter
    Marks Marine Insurance
    Captnjoe@insuretheboat.com
    484-571-5356
    For Instant Boat Insurance Quotes
    http://insuretheboat.com/Captn_Joe_Sullivan.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast