Party boat tuna recommendation
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Party boat tuna recommendation

Default Party boat tuna recommendation

My first time getting on a party boat for Tuna so what good boat do you guys recommend? What's the best month to try and catch a few? Also some info about what tackle would I need rods reels line etc....

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

go now and look up the bodacious he is a good capt he will find you fish.I am not sure how many trips he is doing if any except charters.other than that all the boats don't run til sept and early oct is great tuna fishin.

x2 Bodacious
    1983 33' Bertram SF

Where do you want to sail from?

once again most boats are not fishin til fall and Tim of the bodacious just put a post in the d-bay forum lookin for interested anglers.with the bite we have right now out of s jersey go ,go,go is the advice I give you before it changes.

Lot's of good choices out there, but I always found the big Jamaica and Voyager to be top notch boats that will go the extra distance needed to catch fish. I've been on several Jamaica trips were they sailed 140miles to put us on the meat. September, October and November are the best months for party boat tuna fishing. Any 6/0 reel with 80lb line should be sufficient to get you started, All of these boats have decent rental tackle if you don't have your own

If your looking to go before the Fall, look into the open boats too. "Sometimes" you can jump on a 6pk trip for the same money, or real close to it.

When you fish with a business such as Shore Catch for example, you are not only fishing, but learning. People like Tom & Gene are among the best at what they do and IMO, this is the way to go. These captains are loaded with knowledge, its more of a personal touch and until you get into the Fall, your not going to find many boats sailing for them. Its always good to learn while your catching.

If you had to go, there are several good boats mentioned already. I would fish on all of them mentioned above. Gambler, Jamaica, Voyager .......any of them. Just dont think you will see them sailing for a few months yet.

CUSTOM RODS - CUSTOM LURES - CUSTOM JIGS

Jersey Tackle
    561 Mantoloking Rd
    Brick, NJ 08723 / 732-451-1077

Jersey Tackle - JerseyTackle
    Jersey Jigger -

Default We are doing open boat tune trips out of Cape May right now

Epic Yellowfin tuna bite today with some boats I know getting up to 25 Yellowfin bites today on day troll trips. Just a red hot tuna bite and there is no need to wait until the fall to do a overnight trip on a head boat out of North Jersey with a boat full of anglers. It will cost you a little more but the comfort and being able to fish with a max 6 anglers might just be worth the extra money as we get lots of customers that chose fishing with us over a party boat. There is really is nothing even close if you can afford fishing on a top end 6 pack boat when running 60-90 miles offshore but you do have various options to chose from which is all good.
    55 Ft. Hooked Up II

One of the Largest, Newest & Fastest Deluxe Charter Boats on the entire East Coast with heat & AC in the salon and forward berths.

To contact us via email, type: cavemansportfishing@comcast.net in your email client!

Cell (609) 425-1970

Capt. Wayne on the searcher out of bi.
    WHAT ALL BUT ABOUT 6 BARNERS BELIEVE
    DALLAS SUCKS

I'd go on an open boat charter if you've never gone tuna fishing. It doesn't cost much more and you'll love it compared to party boat tuna fishing.
    For those who talk of freedom and rights remember those who make sure you have them.

jump on a six pack charter

Jersey Coast nailed it.
    Mike Rafferty
    Foolish Pleasure SF
    Toms River, NJ
    raff521@outlook.com

Quote Originally Posted by TunaBully View Post
    Lot's of good choices out there, but I always found the big Jamaica and Voyager to be top notch boats that will go the extra distance needed to catch fish. I've been on several Jamaica trips were they sailed 140miles to put us on the meat. September, October and November are the best months for party boat tuna fishing. Any 6/0 reel with 80lb line should be sufficient to get you started, All of these boats have decent rental tackle if you don't have your own
    done these 2, plus many many overnight charters. if you want a bunk and fishing in comfort, the voyager is my fav pb for overnight tuna. too many 6 packs to ....

sometimes 6 packs will be competitive (price wise) and if so, its better to have the opportunity to troll during the day time (if doing a 2 day trip), and besides, they are usually faster.

good luck

Jersey Coast & Capt's John and Diana got it...a six pack is a lot less hectic and you'll learn--how to and with what...the PB's are good, also, but as stated, start tuna trips in Sept. ...they all have bunks, food and rental gear and only take from 24-30 +/- anglers so on a 90-120' fishing platform, there's plenty of room and on a sport fisher with 6 anglers, as well...
    You could try a 6pack soon, and later, a PB.....just an idea

Pennsy

Thank you to all who responded to my question thanks a lot. I have been wanting to do a six pack but the guys on my end be b!!!!!itting if you no what I mean. So that's why I decided to try a party boat because I can't get 6 guys together to save my life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast