BASS BARN banner

Do You Consider White Marlin Good Eating?

• Yes, it is absolutely EXCELLENT!

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Yes, it is good, but only "good."

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • If it's that or nothing, it's ok.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • No, not really, edible, but not that good.

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • No! It is flat out terrible. Not good at all.

Votes: 7 16.7%

Do You Consider White Marlin Good Eating?

19K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  fasteddiefishin 
#1 ·
Not really looking get into the ethics of it; that's another thread. This is a very simple poll. For those of you that have eaten White Marlin, did you like it? And if you did, after you vote yes, please post how it was prepared (baked, smoked, etc).

Usually I make all my polls "public", but since I know some people have very strong feelings on this topic, this one is being kept private.

#16 ·
Only had it once a few years back...we caught one on a sardine and the capt decided to keep it..got a big slab of it and smoked it...it came out pretty good but not all of the meat was good, a good portion of it was tough...maybe it was the way I smoked it I'm an amatuer smoker at best and maybe a real expert chef could have better salvaged most or all of the meat properly...just my experience so far...my two cents--at the end of the day I don't think I would kill one again if it was up to me...if it died during the fight I would keep it and smoke it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.