2012 Red Bone Tourney with Wounded Warriors
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2012 Red Bone Tourney with Wounded Warriors

Default 2012 Red Bone Tourney with Wounded Warriors

I wanted to thank everyone who donated money and products to this years Red Bone Tournament. I spent the last 4 days in Montauk and went to the dinners and auctions for this tournament. It was very moving to get called up and thanked by the heros who we donated to. Here is a little clip that was sent to me and I wanted to share it with you.

It was also bought to my attention today that a few people were questioning where the money was going. I take offense to this and am very upset with the few people who had to ask if this was legit or not. This was a charty and donation were not manditory however optional, if you had any doubts about where your money was going you should not have sent it. Its amazing how even when someone does a good thing there is still always negative brought into it.

Lastly Michael Yocco and Jeremy Gears had no involvment in this so please dont go to them. If anyone has any issues please call me directly. I dont need to hear Michael cry about his reputation and my good deed looking bad on him.

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Default wounded

What did the warriors catch? Did they have a good time?

Here is the press release thanking everyone!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Redbone Press release.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	63907  

Here is the Press Release from last week.

Tournament was a great success. A post event press release will be out shortly with all the results and more photos. The Wounded Warriors caught Albies and Bluefish. Believe it or not the bass were hard to come by.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Guides Secret Tackle and friends raise money to bring Wounded Warriors to the 2012 F.C.A. Montauk Redbone Celebrity Fishing Tournament

Montauk, New York (September 19, 2012)
    – What started out as a simple idea rapidly turned into a tremendous effort and reality with the inclusion of three sponsored boats of wounded warriors. Three Star Lieutenant General David Valcourt leads a list of Wounded Warriors into to this year’s F.C.A. Montauk Redbone Tournament in legendary Montauk, NY (Sept 19th – 21st). Thanks to the efforts of Guides Secret owner and Captain Frank Crescitelli (www.guidessecret.com), Guides Secret Prostaff member Dante Soriente, Captain Brendan McCarthy, and Joe Demena along with 89 folks who bought fishing lures for this cause, donated items, and made cash donations. All of this was done in a short time by utilizing Social Media and the assistance from two popular fishing forums Stripers Online (www.stripersonline.com) and The Bassbarn (www.thebassbarn.com) to get the message out.

This year’s tournament has another amazing group of celebrities donating their money and time to support this great cause. On hand putting their fishing skills to the test will be Top Chef Judge Tom Colicchio, Top Chef Master current participant looking to win the Masters title Chef Kerry Heffernan,
    CNBC'sSenior EconomicsReporterSteve Leisman, and The New York Times National Editor Sam Sifton. All will be looking to hit the Grand Slam in fishing!

Thanks to Guides Secret and the donors, each of the Wounded Warriors participating will be receiving a custom made CTS Rod
    from RH Custom Rods operated by Rich Hedenberg (www.rhcustomrods.com), a Canyon fishing reel (www.canyonreels.com), and an assortment of fishing lures from Guides Secret, and much, much more.

Based on the amount of fishing lures Guides Secret sold, and tackle donated by others there is far more than all the wounded warriors in this tournament put together could possibly use. Tournament organizers will be auctioning off lots of fishing tackle at Thursday nights auction. Half of all the money raised will go to the Redbone Celebrity Tournament Series, the other half of will be joined with the ‘cash” donated thus far to create a Wounded Warrior “only” tournament in the works for sometime in November, out of Long Beach Island, NJ.

Redbone “The Catch for the Cure” for Cystic Fibrosis (www.redbone.org) was started i
    n 1984, soon after Gary and Susan Ellis' newborn daughter, Nicole, was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis. In 1988 with the help of their friends, including legendary Hitter Ted Williams, they founded the Redbone Celebrity Tournament Series to help the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation fund the research to cure CF. Guides, anglers, and celebrities from film and sports team up throughout the year in different worldwide fishing tournaments to support the cause.

Capt. Frank
    Crescitelli & Capt. Brendan McCarthy co-chair the FCA Redbone now in its 12th year. Frank has been fishing NY Harbor/Raritan Bay for over 30 years, and guiding for the last 13 years. Owner of Fin Chaser Charters. Capt. Frank is Orvis Endorsed, IGFA Certified Captain & past World Record Holder. Guiding well know celebrities like Wade Boggs, Author & IGFA Vice Chairman-Robert Rich, Jr., Actor Ed Burns, the late Clarence Clemons, Top Chef Tom Colicchio and more earned him the moniker; “Guide To The Stars”.

As chairman & Co- Founder of the Fishermen’s Conservation Association, Crescitelli has a history of giving back. Guides Secret Professional Grade Fishing Gear donates 5% of its pretax sales of its Guides Secret lure line to help protect the fish that we all love to catch!

Name:	Redbone Reception Photo 1.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	63920  

Default Wounded Warrior Award

Ty Campbell wins the Wounded Warrior Division at the FCA Montauk Redbone Tournament lead by Capt. Anthony Grassi.

Pictured from left to right: Lieutenant General David Valcourt, Tournament Co-Chair Capt. Frank Crescitelli, Capt. Anthony Grassi, Redbone Vice President Craig Brewer, WW Ty Campbell, Co-Chair Capt. Brendan McCarthy and WW Robert Gill.

Name:	DSC_5981.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	63923  

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.