One of the best kept secrets..... Jet Strike / Canyon Glow Lures
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: One of the best kept secrets..... Jet Strike / Canyon Glow Lures

Default One of the best kept secrets..... Jet Strike / Canyon Glow Lures

I had the privilege to spend my afternoon with Mr. Sweeney yesterday at the shop. Some of you will know exactly who he is, while others will not have a clue, but may recognize him by his lures. He has been making his own lures for well over 25 years now and they have been one of those secretive lures that not many have been willing to share. He hand makes each and every lure and many NJ & NY Captains have kept his products to themselves....... and will probably hate me after this post.
    Mr. Sweeney has selected Jersey Tackle to carry his full line and I cant tell you how happy I am about that. It was an interesting day to learn how and why he makes each model, along with the amount of knowledge both he and his wife have about fishing. Both of them are great people and I am lucky to have had the chance to meet them. Until yesterday, he has been this elusive "rock star" that every body kept to themselves. He is a young 76 years old, and spending the day with him yesterday was a learning experience for me.

He has created a few different styles such as his own jet heads, weighted heads that dart side to side in the spread, pushers & plungers, slant heads and most of all...... his famous glow heads that have been the bigeye & bluefin magnet for so many local fishermen. His heads glow for 20-24hrs, have about 30X more power than any other out there and while I agree with some of you when you think that the glow does not matter while trolling during the day......... all I can say is : I HAVE WITNESSED IT FOR MYSELF!!! It must be something with the tunas eye..... because I have watched these things catch fish after fish, when NOTHING else worked. I dont know exactly why they are attracted to them, but they are, and that's all that matters.

We will have them in the shop later this morning. I know a few guys will be upset that they are available to the public.... but I swear, he came to us. No dealer in their right mind would turn down Sweeneys Glow Lures as they are known!!!!

I will have them up on the website this week. They are hand made and will be listed as an inventoried item, which means limited quantities on colors and sizes.

CUSTOM RODS - CUSTOM LURES - CUSTOM JIGS

Jersey Tackle
    561 Mantoloking Rd
    Brick, NJ 08723 / 732-451-1077

Jersey Tackle - JerseyTackle
    Jersey Jigger -

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

A quick note about pricing: $15 - $125 depending on size and style. I have never seen anything glow like these lures glow. I know a boat that uses the mini lures on a rig for fluke. I mention this to suport the glow factor, not to suggest using them for fluke. Just as supoort for the desire of the product.
    The application method is not like the others I see. Everything is suspended in the heads, creating an entirely unique look. I guess you can tell how excited I am to have them fir my own use as well? Lol.

Until now I have been at the mercy of what was offered to me by friends. Now I can choose from the entire line.

Jersey Tackle
    561 Mantoloking Rd

Jersey Jigger -

I seen them this weekend and could not believe how bright they are in the dark, came back a few hours later and the lure was still in the dark glowing strong! Don't know how they work but will be using them this coming season. Another great find and good luck with a cool product.

Nice looking lures Tom, there is no doubt something to the glow - tuna seem to love it perhaps its the way much of their natural bait can phosphor or self luminesce like squid do.

Available at more than 50 Shops in the US and 10 shops overseas including Japan, New Zealand, Australia,
    Costa Rica, Panama, and South Africa!

Please visit our website or send a P/M for a dealer near you

shop.cmtackle.com

www.facebook.com/shop.cmtackle

Dan Harley

Customer Service / Issues / Questions / Problems
    Shop: 856-866-1800

dan@capemaytackle.com

Prob good to troll at night and night time swords

I have fished with Mr. Sweeney and his wife. GREAT people and true veterans of the sport!

I think he lights his house with those lures!!! It is no joke they light like you can not believe!

All the best!

Capt. Don
    26' Regulator
    Point PLeasant, NJ

Few pics of the styles we have in stock. If you look at the heads on the different styles, you will notice some heads are filled with the glow product, while others have a small section wrapped deep in the head. The heads that are filled with the glow formula are the ones that really stand out.

This one is a bigeye killer. It 12ozs and both the head and skirt glow. the head is loaded with glow substance.

Smaller models. These are weighted, most are right around 2.5ozs. Heads are filled with glow

Lightest of them all. 3/4 - 1oz / Heads are wrapped, not filled

Another tuna killer 4oz - 6oz with a hollowed out jet head, filled with glow

Larger sizes, with variety of colors in stock. Heads are filled and weigh right around 12ozs

Medium Sizes, 6ozs - 8ozs Heads are filled.

Jersey Tackle
    561 Mantoloking Rd

Jersey Jigger -

I have been checking out the website for a while and would like to get my hands on a couple of these lures... Is there anyway I can get an idea of what I can purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by tunatango1234 View Post
    I have been checking out the website for a while and would like to get my hands on a couple of these lures... Is there anyway I can get an idea of what I can purchase?
    Sorry.... I Will get them listed as single items. We have multiple qtys in the smaller stuff, but much of the big lures are only 2-3 of each right now. Been selling off the wall for the most part.

Will get some up, with pics, in the available qtys no later than wednesday evening. I have had low stock on some stuff lately and it just pisses off the guy ordering it. We are slowly getting back to normal. But I will get these up. Prices rage from $18 -$125. Medium lures are $45-$75. Just to give you an idea.

I should have a better inventory in another week or two. I will post the link here once I get them listed tonight. Sorry For delay

Jersey Tackle
    561 Mantoloking Rd

Jersey Jigger -

Quote Originally Posted by tunatango1234 View Post

Here is the link to buy them online. We have a few extra models in the shop, but I listed the models that we have quantity available.

http://www.shop.jerseytackle.com/cat...?categoryId=81

Custom orders are welcomed too. 7-10 day wait time to ship on all custom orders.

Jersey Tackle
    561 Mantoloking Rd

Jersey Jigger -

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.