7/14/13 Tuna report
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 7/14/13 Tuna report

Default 7/14/13 Tuna report

We left MI ran 50 miles east of the inlet and went 14 for 14 on Bluefin and also got a nice mahi in the mix. The fish were 32 to 40 inches. The hot lures were cedar plugs and small plastics. The fish had sardine in there bellies and they were spitting them up. We kept the 40 caught on a joe shute bally combo. Great day and a lot of life out there even saw a free jumping mako on the ride in,it was sick. A lot of other boats in the area did well also. Thanks to Kimberly ryan and the gypsey for working together to find them, hats off to ya awesome time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mahi 7 14 13.jpg 
Views:	826 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	77348   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tuna 7 14 13.jpg 
Views:	845 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	77349   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tuna2 7 14 13.jpg 
Views:	942 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	77350  

Capt Rich Bindell
    100 Ton Master

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Congrats on a great day. Can you tell us whether water was green or blue? Thanks

It was green but clean 75.5 water temp

Capt Rich Bindell
    100 Ton Master

Thanks and again, congrats

Congrats, nice job guys...unfortunately I couldn't get out today, just got back in town from a family vacation.

Great report guys!!!

"Chompers"
    34' Regulator
    Sandy Hook (spring/fall) Manasquan Inlet (summer)
    james@chompersfishing.com

Really nice work. Sounds like a fun day
    Kaley Marie
    2005 31 Albemarle XF
    FOR SALE
    http://southjerseyyachtsales.com/pre-owned-boats.html
    Manasquan, NJ

Thanks guys it felt good at least to put a decent catch together with all the bad reports, weather and green water.

Capt Rich Bindell
    100 Ton Master

We were also out there with you guys. Talked to the Kimberly Ryan a couple times. Ended up going 7 for 9 on bluefin keeping a 44" for the box. We also put a nice Mahi in the box.Nice day out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mako wish View Post
    We were also out there with you guys. Talked to the Kimberly Ryan a couple times. Ended up going 7 for 9 on bluefin keeping a 44" for the box. We also put a nice Mahi in the box.Nice day out there.
    Good job,hopefully bigger fish move in. Did your fish have sardine in its belly?

Capt Rich Bindell
    100 Ton Master

Nice working together with you guys, this was our first trip of the season and we were rewarded. Glad to see the whales, porpoises and turtles out there. We were all alone for hours and finally a few other boats joined us, nice to be able to share good information instead of having to ask for it for a change. I was very surprised to see so few boats were out there, I suspect that will change real soon...

Just a heads up and I know weather is forever changing, but I strongly suggest making sure your radar is working properly before you head out to this area. The first twenty miles in the dense fog was a little unnerving to say the least. I would not have gone if we did not have radar.
    Scott S<BR>Captain of KimberlyRyan

Default Thanks to Tuna Man, Kimberly Ryan and Gypsy

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna Man View Post
    Nice working together with you guys, this was our first trip of the season and we were rewarded. Glad to see the whales, porpoises and turtles out there. We were all alone for hours and finally a few other boats joined us, nice to be able to share good information instead of having to ask for it for a change. I was very surprised to see so few boats were out there, I suspect that will change real soon...

Just a heads up and I know weather is forever changing, but I strongly suggest making sure your radar is working properly before you head out to this area. The first twenty miles in the dense fog was a little unnerving to say the least. I would not have gone if we did not have radar.
    Just a shout out to you guys and thanks for the intel. We also ran in the dense fog with our Radar for the first 30 miles and it was more than a little unnerving! Worked all the familiar spots about 30 miles out with no luck or sign of life when Tuna Man, Kimberly Ryan and Gypsy shared the love and the intel. Got our first bft of the year albeit just 32" and a nice mahi on the intel. Thanks guys, will be out again tomorrow in the same general area. We were late to the bite so only got these two along with a couple of Gators but on the way back in had a big fish come up and swing and miss at the wwwwwwb daisy chain of squid 3 times. Did the drop back 3 times and he came back and missed it every time. Probably ust a little bit anxious on my part. Hopefully we'll get him tomorrow.

Thanks again guys!
    The New & Improved Professor
    2301 Striper WA
    2012 250 HP ETEC
    Garmin 5212 Chartplotter
    Garmin 24 HD Radar
    Garmin GSD 260 Transducer
    Forked River, NJ

Looking to head out of MI tomorrow. Troubleshooter and Prumsey, assuming you fished around the Chicken/AP?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.