Jet Strike Canyon Glow Sticks now available
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jet Strike Canyon Glow Sticks now available

Default Jet Strike Canyon Glow Sticks now available

We just got our first shipment of Glow Sticks in. They are available in sizes 3", 5" 6" 12". I know many guys are not happy with the high price tag associated with the lures, while many guys have already purchased several of the lures because they are working so well. We have asked for the ability to have guys buy the Glow Sticks in smaller sizes to make it cheaper, while allowing the fisherman to rig their own favorite lures too!

The Glow Sticks will recharge for a minimum of 10 years, that we know of. They may work for 30 years, but we are certain they will still be 98% effective 10 years from now. They can be rigged inline, accepting line/leader as large as 400lbs in size. They will light up any skirt, lure, or make for a great teaser rigged above a jig or inside a fresh squid.

These Glow Sticks are the exact same sticks used int he expensive lures & teasers from Jet Strike / Canyon Glow. To list the differences from throw away glow sticks:
    • Will recharge for a minimum of 10 years. Reuse them as often as you want.
    • UV Activated, so they will recharge even as your trolling them in depths up to 90' in our local waters. This is the dpeth we start to see UV rays filtered out enough to lower the charging strength. In cleaner water, they will work even deeper.
    • Ability to rig them inline, with a protected center hole that accepts line/leader up to 400lbs in size
    • Longer lasting glow time, compared to store bought sticks.
    • UV Reflection in addition to glowing. UV reflection plays a very important role in catching many fish! Do some reading online to find out more.
    • Brighter, faster charging times.
    • Make your own patterns by blocking off areas with tape. When removed, the areas will NOT glow, creating patterns that look more natural.
    • Proven Tournament WINNER for the last 14 years including MA500, MRMTC Offshore Open and several other out of state tournaments.

These sticks will allow more people to enjoy their success. Priced lower and competitive when compared to throw aways. Can be rigged on any size lure or line. The Glow Hooks have been selling like mad at $59, but are useless once your out of leader. These sticks will last as long as you need them to. Covered in 3 layers of plastic & epoxy to protect from wahoo and other toothy creatures.

Buy them online below, or stop by the shop.
    http://shop.jerseytackle.com/JET-STR...glowsticks.htm

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Once they're charged how long will they glow for?

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Nut View Post
    Once they're charged how long will they glow for?
    There are 2 types of glow today with lures and jigs.
    Glow - this is what we see, it keeps the fisherman happy because he can see it.
    2- UV Glow - this is what the fish really see that is getting their attention, much more than the regular glow. Yes regular glow works, but UV Glow is 100X better with results!

These sticks are a combination of the 2. In our waters here in NJ, UV will penetrate about `130-150' on average. If the sticks are within that range, they are never going to stop glowing. They ,may look like they are fading to us, but not the fish. SOme fish can see UV, others can not. Tuna, marlin, swords, striped bass, fluke all can see UV. SOme fish such as bluefish cant. So its a mixed bag and you need to do some homewrok on it.

I have an entire write about this topic that is 98% finished and I will have it published on our website by the end of this week. I will post when its up, to explain better. But to answer your question, they stay about 70% charged for a good couple of hours, but glow for as long as 18 hrs, although the materials used claim 24hrs plus. My honest answer is 10 hours. BUT.... they charge quickly and they charge by UV rays too. You do not need to hold them up to the sunlight, they will charge up just laying on the deck, under any type of light or even about 2 minutes under a cheap $10 black light at Home Depot or where ever.

For some species, these sticks are sick!!! Others, its not a big deal, but they improve your catch none the less. Remember these lures have been around 20 years plus, but just recently we asked for the sticks to make them more affordable.

I will get my pages up within a couple o fdays. I just need to add some info to them.UV Glow is absolutely what you want for tuna, billfish, fluke, sea bass and such! Even if the stick does not look like its glowing to you, drop it doen and compare it to a non glow lure/rig. You will become a believer real quick!

I have a new load of UV Activated squid skirts from 1" to 18" that we have been playing with for last 2 seasons. I was waiting to post the article when I announced the new skirts. So I am not yet finished with it. But its coming. Believe me I know there a ton of gimmicks out there! Thats why you will see that we never hop from brand to brand every year to sell the latest and greatest that is only replaced by next years hot item that the advertising money is going in to. As proven in another thread with these lures & sticks, these lures have been around 20 plus years. Just never available to the average guy. They were friends and family, sold at the dock used to fellow fishermen. This is the first season we had them to sell. Google UV rays and fishing. You will learn a few things about how the fishermen are hooked on glow products that do not matter much to the fish. Fishermen are the first thing needed to bite by a manufacturer, the fish are a bonus.

Email me for more info. I donot want to offend any other companies or start trouble up here, even if I am a paying sponsor.

is there any place on the web i can see how your rigging the lights and so on?

Quote Originally Posted by phillyfishing View Post
    is there any place on the web i can see how your rigging the lights and so on?
    Philly
    I promise to get the pages up by friday. Im behind the 8 ball rigging for orders ( not the light sticks but general orders) the sticks have a center line hole. Depending on swing hook or stiff rigging, i place the stick under the skirt in an area that it will be seen. On daisys or teasers i run it the length of the last 2/3 of the skirt. But with rigging single lures it gets a bit more involved if stiff rigging. Been very effective on tiles, bill fish and tuna this season. The stick will take a beating, but we did have a wahoo tear into the outer coating on one, while another 3 wahoo did no damage at all.
    Will do my best to get pages up tonight.

This is a hook we sell in the shop as a pre-rigged hook for use with your own lures. There are many ways to do it, this one is done on 300# stranded cable.
    We placed a flashlight on the hook for 30 seconds. The top stick is its natural color without being charged, but if I took the top stick in a dark room, it too woudl be glowing. This photo was taken on the shop counter at 11:30am. You see it glowing in bright sunlight here.

Guys, we are not making an "outlandish" profit on these things here. We make a better profit margin on a fluke rig or a hook, trust me! The last week or so I have heard the talk coming from somebody and have ignored it until a recent post. I have listed the cost of the materials, the man making them ( which some seem to think does not exist for some reason), where to find the products used and purchase them yourself and for many guys who have caught fish on them and returned for more.... I have worked out some nice discounts for you too.

Also, for the record: The hook pictured above is sold for $9 - $19! That is not the $59 hook listed on the site. Considering its rigged with a $3-$4 hook, on cable, the price is very fair compared to plain stiff rig hooks that sell for $9 - $25. That exact hook is $10.49 in the shop. ITS NOT THE $50 HOOK made by Mr Sweeney. ( who does exist btw. lol )

Unfortunately being silent is an admission of guilt on these forums. So every once in a while, I need to answer the "rumors" and claims against me that are circulating. For some reason I have a few people suggesting I am ripping you guys off, or that Mr Sweeney does not exist, or his lures were not winning tournaments back in the 90's. Why? Its a shame grown men act like this sometimes. I have offered up all info asked. Nothing to hide.

For the record once again, when I post a product, its not a dig at anyone else or their products. ITS BECAUSE I HAVE IT TO SELL! Seems to be some insecure people who think I am somehow taking shots at them by posting a product? That's just not true. If ever, it seems that way, somebody please call me out on it, right away. Allow me to make it right. I don't care what anybody else is or isn't selling. Their business is not mine. I don't care what somebody else charges, or what they have. I follow a business plan and do not raise or lower my prices based on another dealers prices. I still send people to my competition for things, I always will when it means they will get what they want.

Here is the tape thing I have talked about, below . You can make any pattern you like on the heads. Below is quick tape placed on it to show how it does NOT spread like many glow heads do. ( sure, some do not spread, I know that ) This is part of the reason for the expense from the maker. At $230+ /gallon, there is a lot of glow going into a 9oz or 12oz head. Some of the heads are as much as 28ozs. These heads are NOT small resin heads weighing a half ounce. Some heads have up to 6ozs of glow in them. You do the math there. Are they expensive? YES! I said that from day 1 so I never hid that. Are they meant to copy another dealers items? NOPE!! They were being made before many dealers were ever in this business. Mr Sweeney has been using them a long time. They are not a copy of anybody's products.

Seems your always liked while people are stepping on you I guess. Once you get up, they turn on you.

To be clear, they are made as heavy as 28ozs, and as large as 8 inches in length. They are not the same glow that costs much less. They have UV activated properties that are proven to work in both fresh & saltwater. All of these things will effect the price. What is it that so many people always say???? You get what you pay for?

There are plenty of people catching fish without these lures!!! There are plenty of fish being caught on them too! Who is forcing anyone to buy one or claiming otherwise? I just don't get it sometimes..... if you dont want one, ignore them. You will survive without them. Why start trashing them?

And please.... I dont want anyone supporting me or arguing with me here. I am just answering the rumors being spread. I waited well over 3 weeks to answer it, but I know for sure its accurate now. No discussion here, I just needed to answer the claims made against me and ask that you tell me if it seems I am taking shots at anyone in the future with my own threads. ( aside from when I answer accusations) . I never once meant for any of my product posts to be taken as somebody else having inferior products. I dont care if they do or dont .... not my problem.
    Last edited by Jerseycoast; 09-12-2013 at 04:31 PM.

BTW, this is the info regarding Glow & UV Glow. http://www.jerseytackle.com/GLOW_LURES.html This is the basic info, we will have more online soon. And remember who said that Aqua UV Glow works even better than regular or super glow. That will be the next thing mocked, and then copied. Aqua UV Glow will penetrate our local waters deeper than glow or super glow, even with UV glow. We have limited supply of Aqua UV Glow Lures and our bottom fishermen have been all over them. We have a crew up in Mass that has been hot on them since April. I wanted to date the info on Aqua UV Glow now, since we have been selling it all year. I don't want to be accused of stealing that too.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.