Montego Bay, Jamaica Fishing?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Montego Bay, Jamaica Fishing?

Default Montego Bay, Jamaica Fishing?

Looking for any input on fishing in Montego Bay, Jamaica. Heading down in three weeks for our Honeymoon, and starting to do some research. Not all to familiar with the area. After being stuck on land "supporting" the final wedding details, she owes me a fishing trip. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
    "SEA CUBED"
    Custom Center Console
    Shark River Inlet
    tunasushi55@gmail.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

I went last summer for my cousins wedding. While we were there we chartered a boat and it was a nice boat great equipment and good mates. The fishing was ok but not stellar. We trolled around all day with nothing to show until finally the captain spotted some birds working and we trolled through picking up some small blackfin. This was fun even though we were cathing them on 50 wides, but a fish was a fish at that point. It would have been great to stay in this area, but the captain decided to leave and troll other areas rather than stay with the fish that we consistently hit each pass we made through the birds. I can not remember the name of the boat but i would recommend them because it was a quality boat with a good crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank D. View Post
    Looking for any input on fishing in Montego Bay, Jamaica. Heading down in three weeks for our Honeymoon, and starting to do some research. Not all to familiar with the area. After being stuck on land "supporting" the final wedding details, she owes me a fishing trip. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Not sure about montego bay, but in negril you can use Stanley's charter! Mahi and blackfin and yellowfin are around. Fish the reef drop off and you can get a wahoo for sure. They have 2 boats and are reasonably priced. Great crew and safe boats. Good luck and enjoy the island. Have been going for over 20 years every year. Rastafari

bring a light spinning rod you can walk the beach and cast some jigs or metal for small stuff
    TomM
    21' Reg
    23' Reg

Fished there about 7 years ago. Was a boat ride to nowhere. It was a bad omen when the boat had more Red Stripe than bait. Good luck, but I'd save your money.

Quote Originally Posted by zacmad View Post
    Not sure about montego bay, but in negril you can use Stanley's charter! Mahi and blackfin and yellowfin are around. Fish the reef drop off and you can get a wahoo for sure. They have 2 boats and are reasonably priced. Great crew and safe boats. Good luck and enjoy the island. Have been going for over 20 years every year. Rastafari
    bump for Stanley's in Negril, went 2 weeks ago, caught about 7 mahi and 3-4 blackfin... Stanley's son Jack was the Captain.. boat was a mid-90's 52' hatteras with less than 600 hrs on the engines.. very well kept for Jamaica, captain and crew were very nice....

frank congrats bro have fun in jamaica.. hope u are able to get out there and put a hurtin on em -- matt

Quote Originally Posted by asabetta View Post
    bump for Stanley's in Negril, went 2 weeks ago, caught about 7 mahi and 3-4 blackfin... Stanley's son Jack was the Captain.. boat was a mid-90's 52' hatteras with less than 600 hrs on the engines.. very well kept for Jamaica, captain and crew were very nice....
    Yea, it sounds like most of the good fishing is out of Negril... looks like a little over an hour from Montego Bay... They say "we'll pick you up at your resort" but I assume that means locally to the port. I am going to probe around a bit more, and maybe shoot off an e-mail to see what their "pick-up range" is.
    "SEA CUBED"
    Custom Center Console
    Shark River Inlet
    tunasushi55@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by mlp1986 View Post
    frank congrats bro have fun in jamaica.. hope u are able to get out there and put a hurtin on em -- matt
    Thanks buddy... good to see you getting on here
    "SEA CUBED"
    Custom Center Console
    Shark River Inlet
    tunasushi55@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Frank D. View Post
    Yea, it sounds like most of the good fishing is out of Negril... looks like a little over an hour from Montego Bay... They say "we'll pick you up at your resort" but I assume that means locally to the port. I am going to probe around a bit more, and maybe shoot off an e-mail to see what their "pick-up range" is.
    Frank, they pick you up at your resort. They always do but we stay in Negril! Jack Stanley and Courtney are all good fishermen and spend every day on the water! They are a good safe charter! Boat is a46 Bertram and a 32 ft luhrs Normally Liz takes the reservations, Liz is stanleys ex wife! Mention nick and frank sent you, we go over Christmas every year. Good luck the place is a blast and stop for some jerk chicken at three dives!! Best ever even-though the place is a shack!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.