Lack of Interest in the Year End Video Contest?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lack of Interest in the Year End Video Contest?

Default Lack of Interest in the Year End Video Contest?

Guys, I am sort surprised in the lack of interest that has been expressed in the year end video contest (right now we have only 4 entries). I would love to get people thoughts. Is there interest in this if we extended the dates? Or is this just one of those things that has changed with the winds of change here on the barn? Just wanted to gather some thoughts as people initially seemed very interested but we had very few entries. But with only a day left to enter it would appear that we need to cancel with this level of interest.

"Chompers"
    29' Regulator
    Sandy Hook (spring/fall) Manasquan Inlet (summer)
    james@chompersfishing.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    TheBassBarn.com
    Advertisements

Id post up in the other forums on here. I've seen a ton of year end videos posted in Kayak, Striped bass etc... Maybe they just dont know about the contest?

Steve
    Prime Reel Estate Sportfishing
    www.facebook.com/PrimeReelEstate
    Breezy Point, NY

www.SterlingTackle.com

I still have to post ours. Was having trouble getting it onto vimeo. Going to try again tonight

Winds of change. Probably. Seems to be a funk hovering. Not sure if it is just winter or site burn out. I think it is a little of both. Too bad a lot of divisive threads and recent factions I think helped usher in the winter hibernation and creation of new sites. What you have created is an awesome idea.
    Last edited by hookmdono; 01-09-2014 at 12:32 PM.
    42 Ocean Super Sport

Yea James I an also surprised at the small turn out but maybe it will grow year after year
    PRIME REEL ESTATE SPORTFISHING
    WWW.PRIMEFISHINGCHARTERS.COM
    Www.FACEBOOK.COM/PRIMEREELESTATE
    Www.joeysrodbuilding.com
    Www.sterlingtackle.com

Or everyone was just scared after they saw prime realestate and ledge fevers productions up first lol

James, Just a couple thoughts.... I think people are real busy with the holidays, which can make it hard to put the time in to create a good video.(I think it is way more time and effort than most think.) The middle of winter may be a better time slot.(February or even the beginning of March when guys are really Jonesen for fishing related stuff. You could consider extending out the deadline. Sterling Tackle is good for $100 gift certificate to the winner.

Joe Shute's Ballyhoo Skirts

Shop Online: STERLING TACKLE
    Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch
    Phone Orders: Steve- 609-425-1967
    Proud Bass Barn Sponsor

If you are extending the deadline I might have an entry or two

OK, GUYS we are going to extended the deadline. And I am going to contact the new admins to see if we can get a sticky on all forums. Thanks for the feedback!!!

"Chompers"
    29' Regulator
    Sandy Hook (spring/fall) Manasquan Inlet (summer)
    james@chompersfishing.com

Default No lack of interest

James, as others have stated this is a great idea, I have been regularly checking to see if there has been any more entries and I have been disappointed to not see any. The interest is there. I even went through the footage my buddies have taken and sent me form our trips and could not even begin to edit them (no time or skills to do so). Let it run longer this year and start a tradition for years to come, I will just have to remember to push record when the sh*t starts in the cockpit, and next year I will give it a shot.
    Dave

I am not very good at doing video but i love watching all of your videos......In fact i now follow a bunch of you on viemo .....If i get something good put together ill post it...just need a few days

I'm all for extending the deadline. I love watching other peoples videos, not much else to do this time of the year.

Skills or not, I think we would all agree that just seeing some sweet fishing footage in our waters is better than not posting anything at all. Dont be shy!

Steve
    Breezy Point, NY

www.SterlingTackle.com

I can only speak for myself ..I love all the video I have seen all year after watching the ones that are up I thought I could never beat a beating heart shot but I was still going to enter as I have a full vidio card from 4 trips and there were some funny shots ....I have attempted to edit and have ran into problems on two differnt computers .....this coupled with never uploading any video to vidiorama or utube ..makes me feel I may not be ready till my grandson turns 8 and can help me ....my kids have no clue either .....my assertions are that most like the idea but lack technical abilities
    The new mini me

Quote Originally Posted by wahooo View Post
    I can only speak for myself ..I love all the video I have seen all year after watching the ones that are up I thought I could never beat a beating heart shot but I was still going to enter as I have a full vidio card from 4 trips and there were some funny shots ....I have attempted to edit and have ran into problems on two differnt computers .....this coupled with never uploading any video to vidiorama or utube ..makes me feel I may not be ready till my grandson turns 8 and can help me ....my kids have no clue either .....my assertions are that most like the idea but lack technical abilities
    Hey, its not that hard once you get the hang of it. I'd be more than happy to give you a hand or walk you through it.

Steve
    Breezy Point, NY

www.SterlingTackle.com

I just suck at taking video, we are going to fix that next year. Keep them coming!

Capt. Don
    26' Regulator
    Point PLeasant, NJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast