BASS BARN banner

Could/should NOAA managed stocks be certified "sustainable"?

882 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  LBI-Waterman 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I give it a big Yes ......... But NMFS/NAOO gotttts to change a lot of ****. We man kind need restrictions otherwise we would wipe the oceans clean, thats human nature. The problems come from the outside groups adgendas and there defination of substainable. Untill NMFS is completely retooled we will continue to face some of thee most assine regulations ever seen by man. So YES we need supervision !!!!

#3 ·
I personally do not see it as helping much I see tilapia and farm salmon on every restaurant menu and peoplenare ordering even thownit is said to be bad....it will be only the 2% ...I would rather see the government buy out comercial permits for a million apiece .....not that I am a advocates for taking away a lively hood but if all fish had to be taken rod and reel itwould creat alot more jobs over all and there would be less waist ...I belive our mmanagement is just off base ...it needs to be rvised were what is caught gets sold if its the wrong spieces 75% of dollars go to the government place cameras on all vessels ..this would motivate capts to fish were its mostbproductive for them and nothing gets wasted ...seems like a win win .....point is looks like alot better ways to spend money then educating the 2% or your ny la crowd

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.