BASS BARN banner

Lumped up the big eye and yellowfin on this weekends Endurance trip

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  amber lee 
#1 ·
The Head Hunter left the dock Friday evening for a 48 hour endurance trip. We went straight on the chuck before daylight- went 6 for 8 on beautiful yellows. Up on troll at daylight and caught 2 Big eyes. Back on chunk for Saturday night- 7 yellowfin. Sunday daylight we got back on the big eye hunt. Caught 4 more big eyes on the troll before heading in the fish boxes filled. Catch total- 6 BIG EYES, 13 YELLOWFIN and 1 LONGFIN.

Call for special pricing and details on your own multi day ENDURANCE TRIP! 732-890-8884

look for pictures to follow.

#8 ·
Evan really can't thank you enough!!! I said it last year life doesn't get much better than fishing with you on your boat I have learned more about tuna fishing the canyon from your trips than any other captain I have fished with and I have fished with a ton of great captains hats off to you!!! I fished 5 over nighters in the past two weeks including a heart broken tri state tourny that we lost two monster eyeballs at the boat. Fished no name hydro veatch east atlantis tails middle grounds dip and Hudson in the past couple weeks. Fishing was a roller coaster with nothing better Then a steady pick and the feeling that the canyon bite wanted to explode at any moment well it sure did and thank god I was on the right beast of a boat for it!!! Exactly what the doctor called for after watching a couple hundred grand slowly go back to the deep during the tri state no harpoons killed us with some monster fish. You left out the white marlin Saturday and 55 inch swordy Saturday night lol. You know it's good when you can leave those two fish out of the report and still straight killed it. We also had atleast 5 more explosions or bites that were only tight quick from bigeyes that's not included in the 6 for 10 lol never mind how many yellowfin that first night when they were in the lights and the chaos was over. We did this with only four people fighting fish that shows how good you really are!! From someone who fishes the canyon hard once a week thank you so much for the great memories you burned in my mind for life. Last year was 150 pound yellowfin bigeyes and 500 pound blue marlin when everyone was in the Washington talking about how there was no bite in the northern canyons lol this year was quality yellowfin crush and EPIC bigeye bonanza!!! The rest of the crew also wants to thank you especially the kid that this was his first trip to the canyon he is now hooked for life!!
Fish hard
Eyeball

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.